Register free!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Infested lawn...

My grandfather just bought a home here in Columbus GA and he wants me to get his yard back to tip top shape but is infested with weeds badly. I put a Pre M down in Feb (Lesco Stonewall) but i still have had a ton of break through. Today I went and BP sprayed 4 Gallons of Celsius at the mid rate with .211 teaspoons of Monument 75WG mixed with 7 teaspoons of a NIS (Still have not purchased a MSO) How long should I wait for a reapplication? Also here are some photos of MOST of the weeds he is burdened with, is there anything shown that the current mix may not affect?

Thanks in advance
Gulfjoe
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Give it a month. Then see what is left. That Monument and Celsius mix does something to most weeds save for goose grass, which I do not see in your grandfather's lawn. Split applications of Pre M at the higher rates should stop that weed if applied prior to emergence. If it has emerged, the specific treatment for goosegrass is Revolver.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Invest in some momentum fx2 or speed zone southern. Works way better in our weather conditions right now. I'm just 45 mins north of you. Either one of those two products will kill all the broadleaf weeds. It's too cold for the Celsius to work effectively right now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Did you broadcast or spot? I am with Greendoc, if you broadcast with those two at the correct rate, in a couple of weeks you should see them getting very sick and in a month you should start seeing a pretty clean lawn.

BTW, next Oct hit the lawn with a Simazine 3way mix and you will not see those weeds this time next year [well maybe a couple nothing is perfect]
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I thought about Speedzone Southern or my favorite Low-Vol 6 being that it is still early spring. Then I remembered how various states restrict anything containing 2,4-D with packages over a quart or anything containing more than a certain percentage becoming state RUP. Funny how regulations work because if Celsius or Monument drift those two chemicals are scary.

gulfjoe is a homeowner, who thanks to us, is very educated and capable of maintaining his lawn at almost a pro level. he cannot be compared to one of those dumbazzes who throw 15 lb/1000 of Turfbuilder and dump the entire quart of Weed-B-Gon into a backpack sprayer. Not sure if he can even get his hands on commercial Three-Way or especially Simazine. Funny thing there, is that most southern states will sell a 4% Atrazine liquid to homeowners. Which is ok on totally dormant bermuda.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hopefully this unseasonable cold weather will go away and the celsius will kick in. That's what I'm hoping for.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Celsius does work. But I know products in its class do not set speed records when it is below 80. Conversely, that is one of the products I can trust to never tweak the lawn itself unless applied at gross overdosages.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Did you broadcast or spot? I am with Greendoc, if you broadcast with those two at the correct rate, in a couple of weeks you should see them getting very sick and in a month you should start seeing a pretty clean lawn.

BTW, next Oct hit the lawn with a Simazine 3way mix and you will not see those weeds this time next year [well maybe a couple nothing is perfect]
It, started as a spot spray, then it pretty much turned into a brodacast spray. We will be touching 70-78 degrees the next 10 days.

As fot the other products you guys mentioned, I am sure its great stuff, but it's a little pricey, I wish they sold it in a smaller container at about $40.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do my best to always educate customers that patience is the key to fixing neglect.

You can't transform your body in three days. You can't do that to turf, either.

That said: I love Celsius. It's my go to chemical after three-way blankets.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Luckily patience will not be an issue with this problem. All parties involved know of the extent of the problem. I just want to make sure I am not wasting my time or money using this mixture.
Posted via Mobile Device