Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Member

BAD BOY ZTR Mowers!

BAD BOY MOWERS

Last fall I rented a Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR mower with the turbo triple bagger and this machine is "sweet".
Out of ALL the machines I have used (Toro, Gravely, Lessco, JD, Simplicity, Snapper, Hustler, Grasshopper,ETC.) This is the bomb!!!!!
This unit is B U I L T!

I can honestly say that this is the best built unit I have found on the market.
With the lawns we cut and service, it is a necessity. Does it through the grass/leaves and cut through 2' of growth in 1 pass (which is unheard of)

I have ordered 1 unit so far and plan to replace all my equipment with "BAD BOY".

**And they also have a snow blower attachement for the units.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the site , how many properties do you maintain on average per week? Do you use any other types of mowers than the zero turn? Do you have any experience with the stander that bad boy has? I to ordered a bad boy xp 72 it should be in in the next week , still snow here so , but yes it will be interesting to see how they hold up , have you put any hours on your mower or did you just get it?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirlwind Services LLC View Post
BAD BOY MOWERS

Last fall I rented a Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR mower with the turbo triple bagger and this machine is "sweet".
Out of ALL the machines I have used (Toro, Gravely, Lessco, JD, Simplicity, Snapper, Hustler, Grasshopper,ETC.) This is the bomb!!!!!
This unit is B U I L T!

I can honestly say that this is the best built unit I have found on the market.
With the lawns we cut and service, it is a necessity. Does it through the grass/leaves and cut through 2' of growth in 1 pass (which is unheard of)

I have ordered 1 unit so far and plan to replace all my equipment with "BAD BOY".

**And they also have a snow blower attachement for the units.
2 inches of growth?? my kubota does up to 4 inches of growth at 10.5 mph hardly making the engine grunt
Old 03-26-2013, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

approx 75 per week (initial lawns/snows and recuts up to 1 acre)
We use ZTR's and Walk Behinds
I have only used the Bad Boy ZTR Outlaw 72" with the triple bagging system so far.
If you do snow removals as well as grass, I suggest you also get the snow blower attachment (well worth the $) since it makes use year-round.
The unit I used had 75 hours on when I rented it and I added 60 hours during my rental.
I highly suggest that you order the foot pedal extension (it was quite a reach for me at 5'6").
Which motor did you order? (gas or diesel)
**The only thing I had a problem with was the Transition Chute (attached to the leaf blower on the bagging system) I wish it was made with a more rubberized material for more heavy duty durability** No problems with the mower at all.

This mower simply cuts through it all! You should be quite happy with it.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
2 inches of growth?? my kubota does up to 4 inches of growth at 10.5 mph hardly making the engine grunt
Correction 2 FEET (2') and "No engine grunts"
Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Correction 2 FEET (2') and "No engine grunts"
oh thats a bit better lol Ya I would not have to double cut 2 ft either. I think only Kubota and scag would be in this category and I guess bad boy just because of the way the deck works. How does the hydros feel? The only bad boy ive tried was the tsc version. It was slow, deck could not float at all, and the hydro levers had way to long of travel, id be interested in that stander though.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have always been use to kawasaki , but my dealer said go with the vanguard engine and he has always been upfront with me before so I got the vanguard motor on mine , I did not get the bagger , is that through bad boy as well? I will not need the foot extension I have exactly the oposite problem you have , I am 6,3 and I have alot of trouble finding a mower that is comfratable for me , I was eather going to buy a gravely 460 or the outlaw xp those are the dealers that I prefer in this area , the gravely was to short for my legs, and the fact that the xp fit me so much better was a big factor in my decision that and the gravely dealer did not want to work with a trade and I like to upgrade my stuff pritty often so , but yea I hope the outlaw is everything they are promising , mainly because I like the dealer and hope to continue doing business there , alot of company's make good mowers but good dealers are hard to find.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Member

You can also get the bagger attachment through Bad Boy as well. You will Love it.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
approx 75 per week (initial lawns/snows and recuts up to 1 acre)
We use ZTR's and Walk Behinds
I have only used the Bad Boy ZTR Outlaw 72" with the triple bagging system so far.
If you do snow removals as well as grass, I suggest you also get the snow blower attachment (well worth the $) since it makes use year-round.
The unit I used had 75 hours on when I rented it and I added 60 hours during my rental.
I highly suggest that you order the foot pedal extension (it was quite a reach for me at 5'6").
Which motor did you order? (gas or diesel)
**The only thing I had a problem with was the Transition Chute (attached to the leaf blower on the bagging system) I wish it was made with a more rubberized material for more heavy duty durability** No problems with the mower at all.

This mower simply cuts through it all! You should be quite happy with it.
I see you do P&P work also. My question is how is the ride since all my properties will rattle your teeth out. I'm going to a demo day on Friday to check them out.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4irish View Post
I see you do P&P work also. My question is how is the ride since all my properties will rattle your teeth out. I'm going to a demo day on Friday to check them out.
What are you running now?
Posted via Mobile Device