Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
We will see i suppose, they go out tomorrow. ill let you guys know if i get any calls.
Where did you get yours made? mine go out tomorrow as well.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Double post.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here

Last edited by THEGOLDPRO; 04-05-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
Where did you get yours made? mine go out tomorrow as well.
Postcards.com, they are amazing, They had a small back-up with printing and fell behind a few days, I emailed them and let them know i had a deadline for when these had to be mailed out on my end, They finished printing them and paid to have them over nighted to me from CA, It was close to 300 bucks out of their pocket to ship them over night to me.

I will now be a fan forever, and will use them for thing i need in the future.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Postcards.com, they are amazing, They had a small back-up with printing and fell behind a few days, I emailed them and let them know i had a deadline for when these had to be mailed out on my end, They finished printing them and paid to have them over nighted to me from CA, It was close to 300 bucks out of their pocket to ship them over night to me.

I will now be a fan forever, and will use them for thing i need in the future.
Good to know I will look into them when I have mine printed up.

Also, I'm interested to see how your herculiner holds up. I did the bed of my '99 Chevy with it before I put the EZ Dumper in, and the bed itself is holding up great, but the bedrails on top that actually sees the light of day seems to have faded really bad over the last 2 years. When I raise the dump body I can really tell a difference, the inside of the bed thats usually covered by the dump body is still black like the day I did it but the bed rails are almost gray now.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Good to know I will look into them when I have mine printed up.

Also, I'm interested to see how your herculiner holds up. I did the bed of my '99 Chevy with it before I put the EZ Dumper in, and the bed itself is holding up great, but the bedrails on top that actually sees the light of day seems to have faded really bad over the last 2 years. When I raise the dump body I can really tell a difference, the inside of the bed thats usually covered by the dump body is still black like the day I did it but the bed rails are almost gray now.
I was told you could spray the herculiner with something to seal the color in, i didnt do that, I was also told you can hit it up with some armor all to bring the color back if it fades.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Herculiner makes something called the "Uv Protectant". http://www.amazon.com/Peak-Herculine.../dp/B0008DBU0S
Otherwise I have heard of guys spraying a good automotive clear coat over it that takes care of the issue.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

any bedliner will fade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
It just proves there are rednecks everywhere, not just Georgia.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Good Luck this year! The EDDM thing supposedly works really well, I'm going to send out a wave of postcards around June to hopefully pick up some work in the dead part of summer.
I did some eddm flyers in the summer and it was success for me, but i didn't get the results i wanted, I think any time between now and 4th week of may or 1st week of june would be good, once kids get out of school people go on vacation, i sent out 2300 flyers, i know small numbers, and got 5 calls ended up getting 4 out of the 5 jobs, and from the 1 lawn i got from the flyer, that lady told her friend about me over facebook and now i do 3 lawns in a cul-de-sac 3 towns over and those people have me do plenty of other work. so middle of summer isn't the best time. good luck though.

Quote:
We will see i suppose, they go out tomorrow. ill let you guys know if i get any calls.
cards look good, are they double sided, and how many are you sending out, also I didn't see an offer there, like 20% off any landscaping jobs over 3000 or something like that. I'm no expert in advertising and you seem to be much more established with your business then me, but my advertising guy says a good flyer has an offer, and if you look at subway and dunkin donuts, they always have an offer in their mailers. anyways good luck, let me know how it works for you. I think timing is key and right now and the next 4-5 weeks is key timing to pick up more lawn customers and shrub pruning jobs and mulch jobs, which i assume are what you are really after.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't put any offers on the card, i really don't do that. I just wanted people to see the card and check out my website.

They mailed out today and i allready got a call to go check out a new lawn tomorrow morning, so hopefully that's a good sign and alot more people call me.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I didn't put any offers on the card, i really don't do that. I just wanted people to see the card and check out my website.

They mailed out today and i already got a call to go check out a new lawn tomorrow morning, so hopefully that's a good sign and a lot more people call me.
It's deff a sign. also yours looked much better then mine, i went cheap and did black and white...mine were also only 300 for 10,000 of them, full 8.5 by 11. but timing is key and right now is the best time for getting new work which reminds me i need send my flyers soon. what are your goals from these flyers another 30-40 mowing accounts?