Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-16-2013, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Nice man! I'm going to get my snow blower serviced today actually!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2013, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy Smokes!!!! That looks like you had a ton of fun bro! Man, I am a happily married man of 5 years and my wife and I have a beautiful 4 year old boy but when I look at those pics of you guys in Florida and read your posts...... I miss being young and single!!!!! Well, all I gotta say is that you deserve it.. your work looks great and you obviously work hard so enjoy it!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Holy Smokes!!!! That looks like you had a ton of fun bro! Man, I am a happily married man of 5 years and my wife and I have a beautiful 4 year old boy but when I look at those pics of you guys in Florida and read your posts...... I miss being young and single!!!!! Well, all I gotta say is that you deserve it.. your work looks great and you obviously work hard so enjoy it!
I've read pro turf's work and equipment thread, looks top notch! funny you say you miss being young and single, because I can't wait to get married and have a kid, I'm not in a rush at 25, but I love the idea of being a dad and having a son. Thanks, I put in a decent amount effort to get to where I am. And with the competition as tight as it is, you get what you put in...my buddy who I went with, used to work for a major construction company back in 2002, and it would cost him money to get to work, he wasn't making enough to do anything let alone save money, so he said screw it, started his own landscape company in 2004 with an old beat up non turbo f350, he financed a scag turf tiger which his guys still use today. he had 40 lawns his first year and 90 by his 3rd year and bought a brand f350 with 6.0 diesel in 2005 as an 2004 left over. granted there were a lot less companies around back then but it could still be done today if one wanted to put in the effort he did, he started doing tree work about 6 years ago and now that's all he does, he has had two other people do his lawns and landscaping work for many years. within the last 2 years he bought a used 2006 gold rolex, a 38 ft. cigarette top gun with twin 600hp 575ci supercharged motors, an 2008 crew cab f450 dually as his estimate/everyday driver truck, 24's for it while we were in miami last year that were 7,000 alone, and now has a 7 month old son which he has always wanted. at all the by the age 30. everything paid for with one payment except the dually. so that really is a rag's to riches story. living proof hard work still pays off. even with all the low ballers out there, and mexicans and everything. he is doing very well, and I'm following in his foot steps to be doing very well, although I didn't go full time with business 10 years ago when I started this at 15 I wish I did. I would guarantee things would be much different but I didn't have anyone helping out before I could drive so I had to stick to whatever was in walking distance of my parents house.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is this the guys truck that you posted a picture of in the daily driver thread? If so thats one sweet ride! Id love to see it hooked up to his boat.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
Is this the guys truck that you posted a picture of in the daily driver thread? If so thats one sweet ride! Id love to see it hooked up to his boat.
probably, that's the best one I got.

really not a bad guy to ask for advice on business or anything business related because he was once was at the bottom and now he's where he is, far from the top and from the bottom. same as me but his landscape company is where I wanna be at but his pricing is from 2005, so its really cheap, he does a lot of lawns for 25-35 dollars. where I don't do any lawns less then 40 dollars even if its only 5000sq ft. and there's nothing to go around except the house.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats so awesome!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

why did you go from the dodge to the ford? why not keep both? just wondering
Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Higgins 100 View Post
why did you go from the dodge to the ford? why not keep both? just wondering
I had an accident in the dodge about 3 years ago, and didn't feel like putting anymore money into it to fix it, so I parted it out.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Member

oh ok! makes sense, may i asked what happened? it looks like a pretty bad wreck hope everything was alright

Trailer:
2013 Diamond Cargo 16' Enclosed Trailer
1995 Haulmark 12' Open Trailer

Mowers:
Bunton Textron 36"
Exmark Metro 48"
Bunton Goodall 60"

BackPacks:
Kawasaki KRB750B
Kawasaki KRB750B
Kawasaki KRB650B
StringTrimmers:
Kawasaki KGT27C
Kawasaki KGT27C
ChainSaw:
Husqyvarna 435 16" bar
HedgeTrimmers:
Kawasaki KHT600D
Tanaka
Stick Edger:
Redmax GZ23N
Old 11-19-2013, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Higgins 100 View Post
oh ok! makes sense, may i asked what happened? it looks like a pretty bad wreck hope everything was alright
i was being careless, I was driving home too fast in the rain one night and that truck had a bunch of work I did to motor and being a cummins turbo diesel they are easy to make power with, long story short, the truck was making around 1000ft lbs of torque with no traction control and my rear tires were as smooth as a babys bottom, and the truck got a little out of control hit a telephone pole that was right in front of a bank and how my truck hit the pole it caused my truck roll 90* onto its side, I had both windows down and my seat belt on, no glass broke, the air bag went off and gave me a slight burn on my left hand nothing that needed any medical attention and that was it. so i literally had no scratch's on me, since that I generally drive a lot slower around that corner especially in the rain, and its about a half mile from my house and I drive by it probably 3-4 times a day.