Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nice work man you plan on adding anything this year?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
nice work man you plan on adding anything this year?
ya i'd like to get trimmer and blower racks, a dump insert for my truck, another f350 diesel with a plow, 30-40 additional weekly mowing accounts, 2-3 smaller to medium commercial accounts, and a scag 52" hydro walk behind which i'll pick up used off of craigslist along with the dump insert, and if i get a condo complex for 2014 i would like to buy a skid steer for the snow at this place and a sander. that stuff will probably also be used. also save up some money for down payment on a house for summer 2014. It sounds like a lot but really if I nail down that many weekly mowing accounts in addition to what i already have and do 55 per lawn as an average x 60 lawns per week that's a gross income from mowing alone of 13,200 per month making everything i want to buy very possible and rough cost for the above items is around 32,000 and i'm only buying the skid steer if i get a commercial account so that's a big IF, if not then all that stuff is 22,000 and very doable if I get some mowing accounts, i'm around 25 mowing accounts right now, small numbers for the big equipment i have but i'll grow into it and fast.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I saw the stump grinder and the saws. Do you climb or use a bucket truck?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena landscaping View Post
I saw the stump grinder and the saws. Do you climb or use a bucket truck?
neither, notch and drop, if necessary i'll put a line in something and hook up to my truck to pull it over, i wanna get all the climbing gear so i can start climbing, its not rocket science. although some trees can be very tricky and dangerous so, i don't attempt anything i know i can't do. the rope i use to pull trees over has a breaking strength of 16,000 lbs so its pretty safe for putting tension on trees to persuade them to go in a certain direction.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
neither, notch and drop, if necessary i'll put a line in something and hook up to my truck to pull it over, i wanna get all the climbing gear so i can start climbing, its not rocket science. although some trees can be very tricky and dangerous so, i don't attempt anything i know i can't do. the rope i use to pull trees over has a breaking strength of 16,000 lbs so its pretty safe for putting tension on trees to persuade them to go in a certain direction.
Nice I love climbing, but its very dangerous I took a junior climbing safety corse. I would highly advise something like that it was very helpful.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Can you lift the gates independently with the sign in the middle?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Can you lift the gates independently with the sign in the middle?
no i can't but i have almost no use for lifting the gates independently.....i don't have a smaller lawn mower, only mower i have needs both gates down, my little wonder leaf blower would fit with one side down, but if i using that, i will have my mower, so both sides will be down, if i'm hauling leaves away, i'll want both sides down so the gate is wider and easier to drag stuff up, doing mulch it would be possible to squeeze a wheelbarrow through just one gate i think, but with two gates down i can have two wheel barrows going at the same time, and they can have an entrance and an exit, so having both gates down is better. the gate is very light....its so light you can take the pins out and be on a hill and it won't fall, it was four heavy duty gas charged struts, basically the gate won't slam down if i try, it goes nice and slow. it really makes me smile every time i use it, I can't wait for a dump trailer later on in the season, that will be a huge upgrade.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

new 60" jrco tine rake, picked it up thursday night. just used it for the first time today works pretty well. can't wait to pick up other attachments from jrco. I know the aerator they sell will bring me a lot of other work if advertise for it. but those aren't a 500 dollar attachment, so i'm gonna wait for one of those.

job i did wednesday. cleared the hill side and took out 4 trees, and a fence.

i took out the cedar trees by the truck.

and the one growing into the fence, along with the fence and all the crap behind my truck.

loaded it with the mini x and unloaded it by hand...bad idea....

it was as tall as the gate, and yes i strapped it down so i wouldn't lose anything. not too mention i didn't need to go over 30 mph, because it was only across town.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nice rake im thinking of one and a aerator when i get a Turf Tiger or Cheetah. was also wonder how old you are?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
nice rake im thinking of one and a aerator when i get a Turf Tiger or Cheetah. was also wonder how old you are?
thanks, i'll be buying a leaf plow from my buddy before fall too. but i'm 24 until august. hopefully i'll have my second diesel truck and dump trailer before summer, because unloading brush not only takes a long time, but is getting old quick..