Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-29-2013, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Those rims look dope!!!!! Seriously though, I love it! I'll have to have my enclosed and dump trailer (once I buy them) rims powder coated black.

What did the dump trailer run you if you don't mind me asking? Finance or pay all at once? This year it's been nonstop landscape projects for us and I'm at the point where I could almost justify the purchase, especially with adding a leaf loader and using it for clean ups (if I'm able to purchase a 2nd truck which may be a stretch this year). With the time & expense of renting is adding up and quickly! My only issue currently is I have nowhere to put anything as I'm still at home with my parents and I'm thinking my next purchase will be an enclosed trailer to keep all my mowers, sprayers, blowers, trimmers, etc. secure and most important, dry!
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Those rims look dope!!!!! Seriously though, I love it! I'll have to have my enclosed and dump trailer (once I buy them) rims powder coated black.

What did the dump trailer run you if you don't mind me asking? Finance or pay all at once? This year it's been nonstop landscape projects for us and I'm at the point where I could almost justify the purchase, especially with adding a leaf loader and using it for clean ups (if I'm able to purchase a 2nd truck which may be a stretch this year). With the time & expense of renting is adding up and quickly! My only issue currently is I have nowhere to put anything as I'm still at home with my parents and I'm thinking my next purchase will be an enclosed trailer to keep all my mowers, sprayers, blowers, trimmers, etc. secure and most important, dry!
the dump trailer was 9500 out the door. i put 500 down and financed 9000, its like 189 but i should have this and my other trailer which is 0% until september payed off before september. the landscape trailer which i wanna sell next year, now because i have the dump trailer, so i don't need an open trailer to load brush and other stuff on. I'm thinking about a 20' inclosed for next year all black, get those wheels powdercoated and have that lettered like the dump trailer but letters that are close to 1ft tall. for RSK Property Maintenance, so then i can fit all my stuff inside the trailer, and get rid of my shop which is 450 a month, but then i rent a bay to a kid in high school for 125 or maybe even go with a 22' enclosed trailer either way i want one with a 10,000lb gvw, from what i've seen they are about the same cost as my landscape trailer which really pisses me off....but im not buying the enclosed trailer if i even do until i have a newer truck, like something 5-7 years old max.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

pressure treated sides, stained black for even more protection and the look...
Old 06-21-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

load of oak, with a few pieces of pine, this load was probably 12-14,000lbs my truck was not happy pulling it, but it got me to where i needed to go slowly up some long grades but i got there safely. I cannot wait to upgrade to a newer f350
Old 06-22-2013, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post

load of oak, with a few pieces of pine, this load was probably 12-14,000lbs my truck was not happy pulling it, but it got me to where i needed to go slowly up some long grades but i got there safely. I cannot wait to upgrade to a newer f350
youre truck doesnt look to be sagging much. do a raised hitch higher so youre trailer sits up better for when its loaded.
Scag VRIDE
Scag Rider
Stihl BR600's
Stihl wackers/hedge trimmers
Little Wonder Vac/Walk behind blower
Old 06-23-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsground View Post
youre truck doesnt look to be sagging much. do a raised hitch higher so youre trailer sits up better for when its loaded.
funny thing about that is, the hitch that in there now is actually drop hitch i used for my dodge. i parted that out and got a few more dodges, then i bought the ford and i had to raise it up, and now that i'm towing heavier stuff, i can flip it upside and have it raised up 4" so the trailer will be close to level or only slightly down hill instead of on the ground. another thing, the trucks leaf springs have 280k on them so they are a little worn out, but i might raise the hitch up tomorrow it will definitely help!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

you can also lower the coupler on the trailer to the lowest set of holes. I did that on are dump trailer vs getting a raised hitch
Old 06-23-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQLL View Post
you can also lower the coupler on the trailer to the lowest set of holes. I did that on are dump trailer vs getting a raised hitch
good idea, i already flipped my hitch and raised it this morning, so its now higher. i just unbolted the pintle and instead of a drop hitch its raised, i already had it so it was level as in no drop, but now its up 2" probably if that doesn't do it i'll raise the couple a notch and try that out, i may even switch it to a pintle, i really am not a fan of ball and coupler. pintles are much easier to back up to by yourself.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Everything is looking good man, that ford is a beauty in my opinion. Im surprised the 7.3 didnt like to have 12-14k behind it... my son had a dodge with a v10 and it had 14+ in tow and was fine. Had 4.10's though. Either way, hope your staying busy, good luck with everything.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Everything is looking good man, that ford is a beauty in my opinion. Im surprised the 7.3 didnt like to have 12-14k behind it... my son had a dodge with a v10 and it had 14+ in tow and was fine. Had 4.10's though. Either way, hope your staying busy, good luck with everything.
Thanks i have 4.10's but i also have 280,000 miles, and my injector o-rings need to be replaced so it has a lopey idle, and its down on power and fuel economy is down too, i might get it done soon, its gonna be 500 to fix it and its not even a sure thing, it could just be the injectors are worn out. and 500 is half way to new injectors so im thinking i might just go that route