Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my brother playing around on the hurricane 314, or reverse tricycle as I like to refer to it.

and him moving a pile about 4ft tall with a little help from the backpack blower too.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You will get real tired of the machine turning off on hills. I called hurricane and found out how to disable the low oil shut off switch 2 years ago lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2013, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
You will get real tired of the machine turning off on hills. I called hurricane and found out how to disable the low oil shut off switch 2 years ago lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
ya i will. how do i go about doing so? I stopped in southbury on my way home from pa saturday. seems like a nice area, well maintained. I thought "damn those lines across the street look good probably a property maintained by THEGOLDPRO!"
Old 10-14-2013, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

by the way those last two are video's if you click on them they will play.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just put the rhino lined bumper on a few days ago, and just got it lettered this afternoon, so here's the end result for now...and yes that a go pro mount on the front bumper. I plan to take some videos of some of the more intense clean ups I use this for.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sweet!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
Sweet!
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks, now that i'm all set with fall equipment, its time to focus on snow removal equipment, and making sure everything is up to par for whatever we get thrown our way, new paddles going on the toro ccr 2000's and my ariens 10/28 is getting new belts, fresh oil and a new bearing in the gear box. then I'm hoping to be able to pick up a new ariens professional 11528 snow blower just in case mother nature tries any funny stuff this year, so i'm prepared, or if my plow's both break down somehow I can still get my driveways done. which reminds me I need a solenoid for the one my neighbor is giving me.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
they are still making them from what I heard, just the 314 model which I bought isn't being sold anymore so the cheapest hurricane is the blow vac 427 for 8295, but its also a truck loader and with a 27hp kohler. its a pretty stout truck loader at that. so the truck loader is 5000 if you were to buy a new giant vac unit by itself maybe even more. then a decent push blower like the a little wonder or billy goat with 14 or 18hp could be 2300-2500 so really that hurricane for 8k isn't even a bad deal. but unless you want the truck loader, its not worth it.

http://www.monroetruckaccessories.co...ne-blo-vac-427

its definitely a blast to use. my parents hosted a surprise engagement party for my brother and fiancee, and everyone was like what they heck is that thing. because conveniently there is no room in my garage for this yet, so it was parked in front of the garage, and everyone who walked in saw it, and was asking about it. I'll take some video of it later today with my iphone. I'm heading to my grandmas to do a first pass at her house. I'll get footage with the go pro later when I get home. I still have to set that up.

24 so far. but with my 24 accounts they bring in enough to pay all my bills, and there's a decent profit left over too. but as you can see I take the profit and put it back into the business to buy things to make my life easier and jobs go quicker. I am in the beginning stages of making it into a career. I've been at as my only source of income since 2010. I opened my business legit, licensed and insured since april of 2011, and have been going up from there. also I should mention I only work 2-3 days a week except spring and fall.
that is pretty awesome debris loader and stand on blower.....
$8.5k! interesting atleast lol would need to have a lot of accounts
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

also wondering what kind of liscense you have? I want to advertise I am liscensed and insure, not sure which liscense is the best for landscaping / lawn mowing.
thanks!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
also wondering what kind of license you have? I want to advertise I am licensed and insure, not sure which license is the best for landscaping / lawn mowing.
thanks!
by licensed I'm simply talking about being licensed with the state of ct to do business legally in ct, and I'm licensed with the department of consumer protection. That is all. those are the licenses that would help get business, Basically i'm just letting people know I'm legit and not gonna take your money and run and i'm not fly by night guy who doesn't know what he's doing. I'd like to get bonded but not sure it will have much effect on the amount of business I get.