Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #131  
Old 04-19-2014, 06:53 PM
andersman02's Avatar
andersman02 andersman02 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Snowy MN
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Next Monday as in the day after tmrw?
Posted via Mobile Device
Nah week from then. Hopefully the grass isn't 10" tall
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:56 AM
spronk1 spronk1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Plymouth, MN
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbservicesllc View Post
At least the snow bought you a little time!

Yes, Part of me was thankful for the snow to keep customers at bay. Unfortunately with the beautiful weather over the weekend the phone was off the hook yesterday. It amazes me every year how quickly people forget that we just had a major snowfall 4 days prior and they are wondering why the spring work is not done and why there grass isn't green yet.

Most of the jobs I did yesterday(residential) went fairly well. In fact, the dust was flying by the end of the day.

Still have not received my trailer. Supposedly done by Thursday the 24th now.
__________________
Justin Spronk
www.supremeoutdoors.com
Custom Applicators
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Greenery Greenery is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: minnesota
Posts: 512
Please charge more for your services. Your time is worth more than just getting by paying the bills.

Make money people, that's what this is all about. Not who can charge the least.

Do not sell on price alone. Sell yourself, your company, create a ******* future for yourself.

If all you do for a proposal is emailing or leaving a price on the door hoping you have the lowest price you are doing it wrong.

****
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Greenery; 04-22-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 PM
cbservicesllc cbservicesllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Yes, Part of me was thankful for the snow to keep customers at bay. Unfortunately with the beautiful weather over the weekend the phone was off the hook yesterday. It amazes me every year how quickly people forget that we just had a major snowfall 4 days prior and they are wondering why the spring work is not done and why there grass isn't green yet.

Most of the jobs I did yesterday(residential) went fairly well. In fact, the dust was flying by the end of the day.

Still have not received my trailer. Supposedly done by Thursday the 24th now.
The week is only going to get colder... NWS has rain/snow from Saturday night through Monday night then snow Tuesday for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenery View Post
Please charge more for your services. Your time is worth more than just getting by paying the bills.

Make money people, that's what this is all about. Not who can charge the least.

Do not sell on price alone. Sell yourself, your company, create a ******* future for yourself.

If all you do for a proposal is emailing or leaving a price on the door hoping you have the lowest price you are doing it wrong.

****
Posted via Mobile Device
I'll second that... it's not just a commodity you can buy off the shelf...
__________________
Ford Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Echo Power Equipment
The less fun hand stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:07 PM
spronk1 spronk1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Plymouth, MN
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenery View Post
Please charge more for your services. Your time is worth more than just getting by paying the bills.

Make money people, that's what this is all about. Not who can charge the least.

Do not sell on price alone. Sell yourself, your company, create a ******* future for yourself.

If all you do for a proposal is emailing or leaving a price on the door hoping you have the lowest price you are doing it wrong.

****
Posted via Mobile Device
SO TRUE! Are you referring to the BLUE posting signs that one of the companies put up? They put up Fertilizer Posting signs throughout some of the neighborhoods stating " we haven't fertilized your yard yet but we can" and then they have application prices starting at $32/time. I don't care how small a yard is. Who still only charges $128 - $160 for an entire season of fertilizer and weed control?

Or the one I found on Monday that says, "dethatching - Just $70"



ALso, Here is a nice link for ground temps from the NWS. I think someone posted it over on Plowsite but wasn't sure if same one.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display...01701&source=0

Dealer supposedly on way to manufacturer to pick up my trailer tonight and then I will be able to pickup tomorrow morning. Have my fingers crossed that it is built to the correct specs.
__________________
Justin Spronk
www.supremeoutdoors.com
Custom Applicators
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:08 PM
spronk1 spronk1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Plymouth, MN
Posts: 50
Ran into MJW at the dump today. Good Meeting you. Now I can put a face to the name.
__________________
Justin Spronk
www.supremeoutdoors.com
Custom Applicators
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:38 PM
JContracting's Avatar
JContracting JContracting is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
SO TRUE! Are you referring to the BLUE posting signs that one of the companies put up? They put up Fertilizer Posting signs throughout some of the neighborhoods stating " we haven't fertilized your yard yet but we can" and then they have application prices starting at $32/time. I don't care how small a yard is. Who still only charges $128 - $160 for an entire season of fertilizer and weed control?

Or the one I found on Monday that says, "dethatching - Just $70"



ALso, Here is a nice link for ground temps from the NWS. I think someone posted it over on Plowsite but wasn't sure if same one.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display...01701&source=0

Dealer supposedly on way to manufacturer to pick up my trailer tonight and then I will be able to pickup tomorrow morning. Have my fingers crossed that it is built to the correct specs.
Is it the MN Turf Care or something like that? They tagged my neighborhood's newspaper boxes this year with brochures that stated fertilizing/weed control for all lawns $47 as well as several of my clients neighborhoods. At least they raised their prices from all lawns for $45 last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Ran into MJW at the dump today. Good Meeting you. Now I can put a face to the name.
It's always good to meet others from this thread and the MN Snow one.
__________________
2011 CCSB F350 6.7 Lariat
2004 CCSB F250 6.0 XLT w/ Boss 8'2" Power VXT
2001 ECLB Chevy 2500 HD 8.1 LT
2014 Diamond Cargo 8.5' x 20' Enclosed Trailer - Fully Loaded Interior
Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 52" w/ Ultravac
Exmark TTHP 36"

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

If you’re born poor, it’s not your mistake. But if you die poor, it is your mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-28-2014, 01:18 PM
spronk1 spronk1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Plymouth, MN
Posts: 50
Extremely Disappointed with Mid-sota Manufacturing. First off, there communication level sucks café. 2nd of all, my trailer came in on Thursday afternoon and it was built to the wrong specs. Now I have to send the trailer back and wait for them to build it correctly. Very uncooperative. They refused to allow me to take the one that they built to use until the correct one is ready. So here I sit trailer less yet. So part of me is thankful for the monsoon of moisture that we wont be on the lawns for a week doing cleanups.

I can guarantee I will never recommend Mid-sota Manufacturing to anyone looking for a trailer strictly based on their poor customer service.
__________________
Justin Spronk
www.supremeoutdoors.com
Custom Applicators
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-28-2014, 01:28 PM
skorum03 skorum03 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Extremely Disappointed with Mid-sota Manufacturing. First off, there communication level sucks café. 2nd of all, my trailer came in on Thursday afternoon and it was built to the wrong specs. Now I have to send the trailer back and wait for them to build it correctly. Very uncooperative. They refused to allow me to take the one that they built to use until the correct one is ready. So here I sit trailer less yet. So part of me is thankful for the monsoon of moisture that we wont be on the lawns for a week doing cleanups.

I can guarantee I will never recommend Mid-sota Manufacturing to anyone looking for a trailer strictly based on their poor customer service.
At least the weather sucks and we can't do anything but sit around and wait for stuff to dry out
__________________
2000 Silverado Half ton 4x4
2000 Ford Excursion 4x4
2001 Ford F250 PSD w/8ft Western Ultra Mount
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-28-2014, 01:32 PM
cbservicesllc cbservicesllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Extremely Disappointed with Mid-sota Manufacturing. First off, there communication level sucks café. 2nd of all, my trailer came in on Thursday afternoon and it was built to the wrong specs. Now I have to send the trailer back and wait for them to build it correctly. Very uncooperative. They refused to allow me to take the one that they built to use until the correct one is ready. So here I sit trailer less yet. So part of me is thankful for the monsoon of moisture that we wont be on the lawns for a week doing cleanups.

I can guarantee I will never recommend Mid-sota Manufacturing to anyone looking for a trailer strictly based on their poor customer service.
Wow... that's really too bad... I was looking into a trailer from them...
__________________
Ford Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Echo Power Equipment
The less fun hand stuff...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
landscape , lawn , maintenance , minnesota , network

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.12440 seconds with 8 queries