Next Monday as in the day after tmrw?
Posted via Mobile Device
Nah week from then. Hopefully the grass isn't 10" tall
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2014, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbservicesllc View Post
At least the snow bought you a little time!

Yes, Part of me was thankful for the snow to keep customers at bay. Unfortunately with the beautiful weather over the weekend the phone was off the hook yesterday. It amazes me every year how quickly people forget that we just had a major snowfall 4 days prior and they are wondering why the spring work is not done and why there grass isn't green yet.

Most of the jobs I did yesterday(residential) went fairly well. In fact, the dust was flying by the end of the day.

Still have not received my trailer. Supposedly done by Thursday the 24th now.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Please charge more for your services. Your time is worth more than just getting by paying the bills.

Make money people, that's what this is all about. Not who can charge the least.

Do not sell on price alone. Sell yourself, your company, create a ******* future for yourself.

If all you do for a proposal is emailing or leaving a price on the door hoping you have the lowest price you are doing it wrong.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Greenery; 04-22-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Yes, Part of me was thankful for the snow to keep customers at bay. Unfortunately with the beautiful weather over the weekend the phone was off the hook yesterday. It amazes me every year how quickly people forget that we just had a major snowfall 4 days prior and they are wondering why the spring work is not done and why there grass isn't green yet.

Most of the jobs I did yesterday(residential) went fairly well. In fact, the dust was flying by the end of the day.

Still have not received my trailer. Supposedly done by Thursday the 24th now.
The week is only going to get colder... NWS has rain/snow from Saturday night through Monday night then snow Tuesday for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenery View Post
Please charge more for your services. Your time is worth more than just getting by paying the bills.

Do not sell on price alone. Sell yourself, your company, create a ******* future for yourself.

If all you do for a proposal is emailing or leaving a price on the door hoping you have the lowest price you are doing it wrong.

Posted via Mobile Device
I'll second that... it's not just a commodity you can buy off the shelf...
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 04-23-2014, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenery View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
SO TRUE! Are you referring to the BLUE posting signs that one of the companies put up? They put up Fertilizer Posting signs throughout some of the neighborhoods stating " we haven't fertilized your yard yet but we can" and then they have application prices starting at $32/time. I don't care how small a yard is. Who still only charges $128 - $160 for an entire season of fertilizer and weed control?

Or the one I found on Monday that says, "dethatching - Just $70"

ALso, Here is a nice link for ground temps from the NWS. I think someone posted it over on Plowsite but wasn't sure if same one.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display...01701&source=0

Dealer supposedly on way to manufacturer to pick up my trailer tonight and then I will be able to pickup tomorrow morning. Have my fingers crossed that it is built to the correct specs.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Ran into MJW at the dump today. Good Meeting you. Now I can put a face to the name.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
SO TRUE! Are you referring to the BLUE posting signs that one of the companies put up? They put up Fertilizer Posting signs throughout some of the neighborhoods stating " we haven't fertilized your yard yet but we can" and then they have application prices starting at $32/time. I don't care how small a yard is. Who still only charges $128 - $160 for an entire season of fertilizer and weed control?

Or the one I found on Monday that says, "dethatching - Just $70"

ALso, Here is a nice link for ground temps from the NWS. I think someone posted it over on Plowsite but wasn't sure if same one.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display...01701&source=0

Dealer supposedly on way to manufacturer to pick up my trailer tonight and then I will be able to pickup tomorrow morning. Have my fingers crossed that it is built to the correct specs.
Is it the MN Turf Care or something like that? They tagged my neighborhood's newspaper boxes this year with brochures that stated fertilizing/weed control for all lawns $47 as well as several of my clients neighborhoods. At least they raised their prices from all lawns for $45 last year!

Quote:
Ran into MJW at the dump today. Good Meeting you. Now I can put a face to the name.
It's always good to meet others from this thread and the MN Snow one.
2014 Diamond Cargo 8.5' x 20' Enclosed Trailer - Fully Loaded Interior
Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 52" w/ Ultravac
Exmark TTHP 36"

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

If you’re born poor, it’s not your mistake. But if you die poor, it is your mistake.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Extremely Disappointed with Mid-sota Manufacturing. First off, there communication level sucks café. 2nd of all, my trailer came in on Thursday afternoon and it was built to the wrong specs. Now I have to send the trailer back and wait for them to build it correctly. Very uncooperative. They refused to allow me to take the one that they built to use until the correct one is ready. So here I sit trailer less yet. So part of me is thankful for the monsoon of moisture that we wont be on the lawns for a week doing cleanups.

I can guarantee I will never recommend Mid-sota Manufacturing to anyone looking for a trailer strictly based on their poor customer service.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Extremely Disappointed with Mid-sota Manufacturing. First off, there communication level sucks café. 2nd of all, my trailer came in on Thursday afternoon and it was built to the wrong specs. Now I have to send the trailer back and wait for them to build it correctly. Very uncooperative. They refused to allow me to take the one that they built to use until the correct one is ready. So here I sit trailer less yet. So part of me is thankful for the monsoon of moisture that we wont be on the lawns for a week doing cleanups.

I can guarantee I will never recommend Mid-sota Manufacturing to anyone looking for a trailer strictly based on their poor customer service.
At least the weather sucks and we can't do anything but sit around and wait for stuff to dry out
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 04-28-2014, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Wow... that's really too bad... I was looking into a trailer from them...
The less fun hand stuff...

Tags
landscape , lawn , maintenance , minnesota , network