Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2014, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorum03 View Post
At least the weather sucks and we can't do anything but sit around and wait for stuff to dry out
My backyard is a pond... this sucks... anybody have customers that are getting out of control yet?
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 04-28-2014, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbservicesllc View Post
My backyard is a pond... this sucks... anybody have customers that are getting out of control yet?
I'm sure I will have some that will be pissy by thursday or friday
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 04-28-2014, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Have a had few calls wondering when they we scheduled for their cleanup, in a nice manner not angry. Most understand this weather.

Once it gets nice again im sure well have a few new ones that call angry.

As to the low balling people. Oh well, there will always be people that would rather be unhappy and pay less then happy and pay slightly more. I did 3 proposals for people that were unhappy with there current company. All were from the same company. We were $300 more/ season for scu/mow/fcu on all of them. These people forget this company charges extra for ALL cleanups done after nov 1, we havent even started our 2nd round of cleanups by then. SO in reality they area saving $150 per season but are OK with calling to complain and being unhappy with crappy service. Rediculous. Then they ask if we can match their price and act all pissy when you explain why we are more expensive. To some people they just want their lawn cut. Some people actually want a GOOD looking lawn. Those are the customers you want.

Had an older lady that has nearly 3 acres call and say we did an estimate for her and would like a SCU. I talked to her 2 years ago when I still did foremaned the maintenance crew. Told her $175 for weekly mow and some low numbers for SCU/FCU. I wasnt the best at bidding then. She said "Way to expensive".
Fast forward to today this lady SWEARS we came out for an estimate last week. We didn't, an are full for SCU. OK well ill probly use you for mowing. Most likely she wont when I go to give her a new estimate and sees the price.

I think she has some memory issues.

Then theres the lady that calls EVERY year for the last 5 years. First Year, too expensive. Next year I didnt know we already did an esto for her and went out to look, still too expensive. Every year since, too expensive. Shes the type that calls every company in the yellow pages looking for the cheapest price.

Vent over
Old 05-01-2014, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I had a few call today asking why we haven't been there. Blows my mind how little common sense some people have.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to the forum, but have been reading it for quite some time. I am wondering where I can get good quality fertilizer (granular) at a good price. I used our local farm supply last year but wasn't happy with the results. I'm not a hack, but I don't know much about this side of things! (I am way out in Albertville by the way) Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinknipp View Post
Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to the forum, but have been reading it for quite some time. I am wondering where I can get good quality fertilizer (granular) at a good price. I used our local farm supply last year but wasn't happy with the results. I'm not a hack, but I don't know much about this side of things! (I am way out in Albertville by the way) Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
I got mine from JDL in Ham Lake. My brother lives in albertville we hit up willy McCoys a lot
Old 05-01-2014, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you polarismalibu! I have just been looking at there catalog online, it looks great.

Plenty of time for lately! Definitely ready to get going.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Fert Suppliers

Reinders in Plymouth or Dougs Power Equipment in Blaine(work with Jeff) are both good suppliers. I don't purchase anything from JDL as the few times I stopped at the one in Edina in the past, the dude at the counter was a total ****** and could care less if I was even in his door. The majority of my product comes from Greenlife Supply in Burnsville, but that is quite a hike from Albertville.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Seriously? The word d*uche got edited?
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinknipp View Post

Thanks!
Central irrigation and turf in coon rapids has good service product and price.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
landscape , lawn , maintenance , minnesota , network