Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

How the blade acts when spun will tell you if its the deck or spindle. If you line up the two blades and one is offset (1/8" higher), when you spin that blade if it changes (now an 1/8" lower) its relationship with the other blade then the spindle has a bent shaft. If when you spin it the relationship does not change then the deck is bent. We never ran a thru bolt spindle on the RH's due to the low belt system and deck cover clearance on the top of the spindle.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just going to take the damn thing somewhere, I replaced a spindle last weekend at 150hrs because it was leaking grease already, didnt fix a thing as far as the blade alignment goes. Tried the old spindle and a pipe thing to straighten deck, no luck whatsoever there, and according to my straight edge it is fine. Yet it is still messed up and i have tried 3 brand new blades to rule out a bent one. Tired of messing with it I'm almost embarrassed to use it now. So far this year, the new muffler you guys sent me didn't fit too well at all, one of the deck cover studs just decided to shear off in the middle for no apparent reason, and now this. Not only does it cut like crap it's got a nice rattle to go with it now too. Actually doesn't even have 100hrs on it now that I think about it, the key was left on one time after testing OPC for a couple days until the battery died
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by kawakx125; 04-25-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

Does the upright/deck assembly have side to side movement? In another thread you talk about how it cut good with the high lifts and now it is off, something had to happen since then. You mentioned the tire pressures were off did you ever put them at the same pressure and take the blade tip measurements?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

no side to side movement that i can tell, and the tire pressures are equal now. I has to be the deck because the left and right blade tips are equal at the edges of deck, but on the inside when they meet the left blade tip is 1/4'' higher. also the right blade is perfect, 1/4'' pitch. the left blade is about level, + or - 1/8'' of pitch depending on what blade i have on there. i have tested this with 3 different blades, all brand new. come to the conclusion that no blade is perfectly straight but it is a brand new spindle and bolt now so the only thing left is the deck. the blade needs to pitch forward a bit and to the right, all while keeping the left side right where its at if that makes sense. and i need someone to do it in like a day
Old 04-26-2013, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i took the left side apart again last night in attempt to use the old housing and a pry bar, and a 6'' straight edge. both top and bottom looked good using a straight edge. i hate to take it apart and start beating on it again if it seems ok with straight edge. i made sure that the area where spindle bolts is clean and stuff so i know its not sitting in there cocked. may just go with the washer trick all i know is its really irritating me
Old 04-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

Everything that has been checked so far seems to indicate no problem on the left side, have you looked at the right side, the measurements say it is right on the money but it seems that something in the deck has to be off and if it is not the left side it has to be the right.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I went ahead and added 1 washer to two of the left side spindle bolts and its about dead on now. I haven't looked at right side, i don't see how something could be wrong there it all measures perfect
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

if there is going to be a wright rep at any of the dealers around me anytime in the near future, i would LOVE for them to measure the deck themselves and tell me what is wrong because it baffles me
Old 05-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

Waiting to hear from the distributor as to when a rep could look at the mower, have you had the dealer look at the mower since the cut changed?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

no, the only dealer i trust and bought the mowers from is an hour away. my local one didn't seem to interested in checking out the deck. I have spoken to the one i purchased from and so far it has just been a matter of me getting time to get it out there and being able to be without it for a few days. i've pretty much resorted to double cutting in the meantime, i've tried everything i can think of but it still isn't cutting nearly as well as i remember from last year.