Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well he has a good reputation from his father last name (that's what tricked me plus at the time he claims he wants to do decks and patios with my business) plus my friend did the math and he lied it should be $1800 not $1600. He is crazy from what I hear from others. I don't care about the money I want to punish him but I heard I will lose in court because CT is a contract state.

My lesson to everyone, HAVE EVERYTHING WRITTEN BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY PEOPLE WILL GET GREEDY. DON'T DEAL WITH DRUG ADDICTS BECAUSE THEY WILL SELL THERE SOLE FOR $2.

Here is the question. What did he really do with my business name and tax ID number? He claims he used his name and social sceruity number for the $4800 but I thought it will be going into my business name.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."

Last edited by soloscaperman; 04-01-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well the company could 1099, uncle sam will see it as in income.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

so it sounds like you are out 600 dollars, I would still just consider it life lesson. and not do anything with this guy ever again. I wouldn't bring him to small claims court probably not worth the effort, better off just advertising on your own and doing things yourself, and try not to use anyone who does any drugs even pot, i know it can be a challenge to find good help. but drug addicts are the worst.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
so it sounds like you are out 600 dollars, I would still just consider it life lesson. and not do anything with this guy ever again. I wouldn't bring him to small claims court probably not worth the effort, better off just advertising on your own and doing things yourself, and try not to use anyone who does any drugs even pot, i know it can be a challenge to find good help. but drug addicts are the worst.
So let him win and hope for bad karma? I want to ruin his reputation and help the next person that he may f**** over.

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

Old 04-01-2013, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So you posted in the 1st one you don't know what to do. From you last post it sounds like you know what you want to do. So go for it.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Way to many problems here. Would contact a lawyer and get your name off the job somehow. Its your info, you wasnt paid. But you will pay taxes on it while he spends free. would also get copies of the checks from the schools for your referance in court showing where the money went to. But have to ask, money always sounds good, why didnt you ask around about this guy before you joined forces? And if you know he has a drug problem why hire him? Hes a liablity to himself and others in your name. Not to beat you up, but very poor judgement on your behalf. What if he killed someone? If you think your doing him a favor by keeping him busy hoping he can stay off the drugs, your not. Ive seen way to many addicts, they never learn unless they are fully committed or dead. Talk to a lawyer in order to protect yourself, and burn the bridge.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Run away and forget the small amount of money. Not worth the stress and time.

Sounds like you got played. This mess would probably be difficult to prove in court.

Likely, whatever you think you know about this situation is bullshit. Pretty much anything that comes out of an addicts mouth is a lie. He was scheming and plotting since the first time you met him
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
For $400 bucks i would cut all ties with him and call it a life lesson, You just got an education, It cost you $400 bucks, that's a cheap education in my book.

In the future if you want to succeed in this business you need to understand that your name is all you have, so you need to surround yourself with people who aren't scumbags.
This is the correct answer. Even if you take him to small claims court and win, you will never get your money.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Do you really need someone to point out the next moves he has. You pursue this and he feels you wronged him by making him have to pay for money he cheated you out of fair and square. What is a drug addict who has no ethics morals or sense of right and wrong going to do if he gets mad at you.

Do you have a nice truck what can he do to it or its tires in less than 5 mins if he decides too.

You like your house what happens when he shows up in the middle of the night bent on payback.

How bout your reputation what can he do to your clients when you and they aren't around.

Everything you said points to this the guy is a scumbag and your and idiot for having associated with him. He has shown he has no boundaries there is nothing keeping this guy from committing felonies on you hell you watched him committing them in-front of you. You sound like a nice guy hes not are you really willing to lower yourself to his level to get even.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't know he was a scumbag, even the owner of a small deli vouched for him but it was probably because the father has the same name. It was a crazy storm I wasn't thinking, I was thinking I gotta get these driveways done and the schools since people were calling every 10-30 min. I hear you on the vandalism part he is the type to slash my tires.

The worse part is my friend feels bad because he was the one that also vouched for him but he only knew him for 3 months. He wants to beat his a$$ but I said no because the cops already know the tension with us.