Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorta random... About a year and a half ago, I was with a customer, and as he looked at the clippings [from his lawn] that were dumped in his yard waste can, he said to me "man, you can tell how good the quality of the lawn is just by looking at these clippings. That's definitely some healthy grass! Just look how consistently green that is!"
The guy was kinda weird, but that really got me looking at not just my finished product, but also what's been cut from it. Sometimes the proof is in the catcher. Clean and green: )

Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This may very well be the smallest yard on my route, and all they have me do is service that front yard and flowerbed. Probably takes longer to drive there than it does to do the work. Haha

Old 04-04-2013, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's one from today. Probably one of my personal favorites.

The whole work thing almost didn't happen today due to rain this morning, but since it stopped around 9:30, I was able to start at about 10:00... then work til 8 PM. Always a joy.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Looks awesome, I really like the color of the grass. It pops! So what do you use in for your scheduling of jobs? Any additions to the truck setup? How long, on average does it take you to do one of those city lots? I really like your quality of work based off of these pictures
Old 04-05-2013, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc7 View Post
Looks awesome, I really like the color of the grass. It pops! So what do you use in for your scheduling of jobs? Any additions to the truck setup? How long, on average does it take you to do one of those city lots? I really like your quality of work based off of these pictures
Thanks! I'm not quite sure I understand your first question, so pardon me if I answer incorrectly. I use Gopher 2006 as my scheduling software. As far as physically setting up my route goes, I try to divide up my work based on what region/neighborhood each house is in. Minimizing drive time is crucial.

Truck setup is still the same: Driving the F-150 with no trailer. Equipment on board everyday goes as follows: Stihl FS90R line trimmer, Stihl HL100 articulating hedge trimmer, eXmark X-series commercial 21, Redmax EBZ8500, Black & Decker Alligator Loppers, two Solo backpack sprayers, and the usual hand tools (rakes, shovels, etc.)

Average time spent on city lots: During services that don't require any bush trimming, I provide a 4 point service that usually takes 30 to 40 minutes. If bush trimming or extra care for plants is required, I'm there for 75 to 90 minutes. I pay a lot of attention to detail, and never rush a job.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya that question didn't make much sense, but you got the point. Sounds like a good setup, what do you keep in the spray tanks? Roundup and????
Old 04-05-2013, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc7 View Post
Ya that question didn't make much sense, but you got the point. Sounds like a good setup, what do you keep in the spray tanks? Roundup and????
One sprayer is for Quikpro (by Roundup) and Fusilade II. The other is used for Turflon Ester to zap broadleafs in lawns, and it also gets used for spraying pesticides such as Bifenthrin and Taurus.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a real hoot with one big cleanup job and 2 bush trimming jobs plus an estimate for weekly maintenance. Pictures should be up tomorrow night.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, everything has been put on hold. I'm currently at the ER due to a foxtail that got lodged inside my ear canal. The one time I neglect to put on ear protection of any kind, this happens.