Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Bad boy outlaw xp mower review over time

Helo everyone i just got this new bad boy outlaw xp 72 inch deck , it has the vanguard engine , seat upgrade , i added no flats on the front and more agressive tires for the rear , also has a rops kit added and i personally did not like the wing so i requested that it be switched for the basket wich i am still not for shure i like it eather but better than a wing and serves a purpose i guess.
The goal of this thread is to have an actual review over time of the performance of the mower in commercial use. Before buying this mower i recieved very mixed opinions on the site regarding the brand bad boy and there products. Seems like people are eather completly against them or love them , makes it very hard to make a educated decision on the product , so the dealer here is good i am taking a chance and will let everyone know my opinions on the quality , value and were this mower compares to others , i have personally owned john deer and cub cadet commercial zero turn mowers , so hopefully i can give a decent review over time of this product.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Inputs & opinions on the basket????? I am seriously considering taking it off , but they recomend having something on there to protect the air cleaner canister , is this needed?? All my other mowers have the canister sticking up and i have yet to brake one. Does anyone know about this?????

Also i wanted to say i ordered it with the stripping kit , but i took it off because we back up over alot of curbs at our commercial accounts and it in my opinion would brake from the damage and catch on stuff , i prefer a the piece of rubber strip type stripping kits they are more durable , just a note for anyone who may be ordering one , what it came with was basically a bunch of heavy rollers on a bar that rolled across the ground and to raise you had to chain up off the ground , im shure it would produce good stripes but was not for me.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

How do you like the Outlaw XP?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Used the mower today for the first time on a large yard , it did ok , the steering response on the levers is different than the other mowers I have had so I do not know yet if this is a bad or good thing , the cut was good , overall not bad for first time , the rubber isolators helped with the uneven bumpy areas.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Member

steering was jerky to me and the XP would start bouncing and increase surges (not because of controls, just hit a harmonic).

Also, seemed a little slow.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I see your not happy with one brand
JD Tank Badgirl
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Nice gear! I like your truck, looks sharp
Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice to see someone else running the new Deere walk behind!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea I really like the deer walk behind probally the best walk behind I have ever used , everything is adjustable , honestly cannot say a bad thing about it.

Yea with the bad boy I want to give it some more time to make shure its not just a issue where I am just not use to it , but the controls are definatly different in the response catagory , the boucing is a problem on rough terrain going fast but its better than the jarring I think , I will keep the review updated , especially once I have some hours on the machine to make it a fair review.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

An update on the outlaw xp , i have been impressed with the rubber isolators suspension , on rough yards it makes a big difference , the cut remains decent honestly the one negative i have to throw out there is the steering controls , they are different than the controls on other high end mowers and they seem to cause more fatigue , for instance when you push them forward they stick forward till you pull them back , i am used to the levers returning to nuetral on there on and i believe the steering is not as comfratable as that on other brands. The machine is a little larger than some other brands but should be easy to work on , everything seems laid out to be easy to maintenance. Also the transport lock set up on the mower is kinda anoying , wish it was easier to release instead of having to bend over and hold up while lowering the deck. The mower speed seems good and the power is good , i have not been able to keep straight lines on long runs with it very easy i think this is caused by the steering but may be me just not as used to it as my other mowers. At this point i think the mower is a decent vaule for the money but if i was going to do it over again i would spend the extra and buy a jd or gravely just my feeling as of now and that may change as i get more hours on the machine and maybe a little more used to it , now have about 20 hours on machine.