Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2013, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

i own one 52 and love the way it cuts and runs great machine
Old 04-03-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
Thanks guys for all the compliments. whiffyspark the reason for the 52" is I have some lawns that is tight with a 60".
Tight as in gates? I was always taught a 60 would fit anywhere a 52 will.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

i have a 36 inch Wright Stander for all the small gates to get through i am looking at getting the 36 inch pro stance from gravely next year they said this years model sucked or i would of bought one
Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So how did this compare with the Vride you tried a while back

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had it narrowed down between the Vride and the Pro Stance actually. Both are great mowers and I don't think you could go wrong with the Vride but there were some things I liked that the Scag didn't offer. EFI, foot assist deck lift, height adjustment and dash layout I prefered over the Scag. I also didn't like the gas tank being on the side of the Vride. I had issues with that on a Deere stander I had. It also seemed to me the Gravely was just a better built machine. The Scag is built well but I think the Gravely is built better. I also like the platform on the Gravely better. All the stuff I mentioned were very minor and really weren't that big of issue. But when I could buy a Pro Stance EFI for less money than a Scag Vride carbureted than I saw no advantage having the Scag. After cutting with the new mowers today it just made me feel that much better about my decision also. No clumping in wet tall grass at all and it left the lawns like carpet so smooth and crisp. I really think the Pro Stance is the best mower on the market!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

To answer the question on why a 52" is some areas I mow are to tight with a 60" but I also need to cover as much ground as possible on other properties. I have such a mix of accounts that I had to have a machine that would be good at all of them. I mow properties from small 1/3 acre residentals all the way up to 50 acre factories. So if I would go with a 36" it would kill me on the large properties where as a bigger machine isn't as productive on smaller accounts but I have fewer small residentals than I do medium to large accounts. People probably think I'm nuts mowing 50 acres with two standers but they are so productive it doesn't pay for me to buy a 60-72" rider. According to my math it would take me 8-10 years to pay for the time savings a 72" would give me over my 61" stander. So I can't justify spending $10-12K for a mower that would only save me very few hours a week. I only have 4 accounts that I think a 72" would even save enough time all the others it would just be to big and cumbersome to make a difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

very nice! some days I miss my 34 pro stance....
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

how many hours does it take to mow 50 acres with those two mowers?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I cut it the other day it took us 12 man hour including trimming. I think we could get that down to probably 10 within a couple weeks. The company that did the property last year did it half way so it took us longer to get it to our specs. I tell you I feel better standing all day than when I used only riders.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

12 hours combined as in 6 for you and 6 for another operator? Or 12 each? I would assume 12 each because that would be a little more than 2 acres per hour for both mowers at once.