Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Who to use for website

Looking for some feedback on getting a website setup. Just starting to look around and see what some of my options are. What are some of the prices, who has the best services? Thanks
Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's like saying "I want a car, what'll it cost, what are my options?" What do you want your website to be capable of? 5-page online brochure? Blog? Sales platform?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

To add to what PC said, you should come up with a budget. If you say you want to spend $250, $500, $1,500, or $2,500, the advice, and your expectations, would be different for each price point.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
To add to what PC said, you should come up with a budget. If you say you want to spend $250, $500, $1,500, or $2,500, the advice, and your expectations, would be different for each price point.
Ain't that the truth. Local company did my site last year for under $2k. A few weeks ago I contacted a bigger company that does awesome sales and landing pages to redo my homepage (for better conversions) and they quoted me $3k for one page.

Lots of options out there. Narrow it down a bit.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yes, and the other option is to do your own and you can do it for peanuts and with some of the programs out there come up with something pretty decent.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Really depends on your needs and budget. If you're on a tight budget ($500 or less) I would say you'd be better off building your own site. Wordpress is a great CMS/blog platform, easy to use, easy to update content and there are tons of templates out there for free that you can tweak to your liking. Not to mention all the free plugins to extent the functionality of it. They have a plugin for pretty much anything you can think of. You could easily have a site up and running within a day with Wordpress.
50" Toro zero turn
36" John Deere WB
Husqvarna 22" push mower
Echo trimmers,edger and blower
Other misc rakes, shovels etc.

www.fatzlawncare.com
Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Check out my site and if you see what you like contact HostingWebsite.org. They do free design and you just pay for the hosting fee. It's like a college class that builds the site and you can make your own changes.

2003 Chevy Duramax 6.6 w/ 8'-2" BOSS V
1999 Chevy 6.5 Diesel 1 Ton w/ Dump and Western Plow
Exmark 60" ultra cut w/ Ultravac
2012 Redmax handhelds
Solo backpack sprayers
PermaGreen Centri Spreader/Sprayer
16' trailer

Old 04-04-2013, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by premierlawncaremi View Post
Check out my site
I'm sorry, but that's not good work. The code is poorly done and very, very antiquated.

Quote:
They do free design and you just pay for the hosting fee.
That's the hustle. They want the volume of hosting that's hooked by the following...

Quote:
It's like a college class that builds the site and you can make your own changes.
I can assure you that is not a "college class", unless that class was in 1997, owned by isphost.org, and located in an apartment building. If people aren't aware, the .org domain extension has nothing to do with the type of organization. Anyone can get a .org.

Sorry, the reality is that site is just a hustle to get hosting fees and whatever else they're fishing for.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
I'm sorry, but that's not good work. The code is poorly done and very, very antiquated.

That's the hustle. They want the volume of hosting that's hooked by the fo

I can assure you that is not a "college class", unless that class was in 1997, owned by isphost.org, and located in an apartment building. If people aren't aware, the .org domain extension has nothing to do with the type of organization. Anyone can get a .org.

Sorry, the reality is that site is just a hustle to get hosting fees and whatever else they're fishing for.
Thanks for the rude reply buddy but I've had numerous amounts of compliments on the site. Maybe it doesn't rank too good on google but who cares everywhere my company is advertised, my web address is right there with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by premierlawncaremi View Post
Thanks for the rude reply buddy
I'm sorry if you feel that facts can be construed as a rude reply, you know, because it actually wasn't rude, but if you're going to tout a web developer, especially one as amusingly altruistic as those guys purport to be, there needs to be a bit of reality thrown in. I would think anyone would see through that hustle, so you're correct, I probably didn't have to be so "rude" and actually point it out or warn people.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the bank to wait for this sweet Nigerian wire transfer that's on it's way...