Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We haven't gotten enough to amount to anything. Maybe a half inch in three days.
You have missed out. We have had a fair amount of moisture here. The soil temps are responding and the turf will be gaining its strength I would think.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
I've already picked up nicely. Did some good extras yesterday, a full day of pruning guavas today, some install work next week and 4 lawn renovation jobs coming up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Year vs Year I am not were I need to be vs last March, but to say the temps were different would be a understatement. The last couple of weeks have brought in several smaller landscape installs and with the cooler weather I have been able to forgo some properties on mowing saving me money on labor cost that would of been normally spent on maintenance, that I could not shift to install without OT cost. I have picked up three decent maintenance accounts which is nice for the reoccuring revenue side.
I have a feeling that this year, April is going to equal March of last year. It has just been a funny winter to say the least.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Funny winter! I was busy with installs Jan & Feb when normally We are slow. March was a terrible month. 19 proposals and no's on all of them. April 1st the phone rang off the hook all day I thought it was April fools. Did a nice install this week from a April fools call. I firmly believe that the cooler it is in Florida the less people want work done to their yard. From trees to grass.

I spent all day working on equipment. Getting ready for weekly service. We have the start of weekly service "open" in our contract some years it is April 1st some it maybe May. Since we did not get that much rain we will see.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

We're those 19 mainly commercial or resi?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2013, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Member

1 apartment complex install and rest residential installs paver patio's and landscapes
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Temps pushing 90 here today and thunderstorms all over the place early this evening. Here we go
Old 04-11-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Temps pushing 90 here today and thunderstorms all over the place early this evening. Here we go
Zturn

You made the statement to me this was the warmest winter and coldest spring. I guess we need to add this is the wettest spring so far. We had quite the Thunderstorm blow through around 6 PM. It not only knock over container plants but blew them into the Neighbor's yard.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Unusual has become the norm.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

+ 5 maintenance accounts this week, a small clean up, small landscape installation, lifted 30 some heads for a client, thinned a two smaller oaks, sold a 900 square foot sod installation, a 2K installation and a 1250 square installation, proposed one 6K and one 4K sod installation.....things are warming up and all hell is getting ready to break loose the next three to four weeks would be my guess with everyone wanting everything NOW. Better not sleep or you will miss the $

Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You ain't kidding about the NOW part. It seems like everybody that called wanted to know how soon could it be gotten to. I'm going to have to get a couple laborers. The cleanups have been huge. Lots of foreclosures coming off the market needing to be put back together again too.
Posted via Mobile Device