Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Sent out EDDMs

Sent out 2500 EDDMs yesterday and have not reicieved any call backs as of yet. I know that 2500 is not that much and thinking about sending out another batch. Anyone have any advice on anything specific to put on EDDMs to get the most return. A buddy of mine did 5000 with a 3rd month free mow if signed up for a year and only got 3 calls so far. Any advice or suggestions would be apperciated. Also do you think it best to send out another batch to same area in a few weeks or try targeting other neighborhoods.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I sent out only 1000 so far and only received 1 call for a service that i don't do (spraying). Going to send out more next week when i get paid from my part time job.

"Keep it stupid simple"
Old 04-03-2013, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i just sent out 30k and have 50k more to send out. My phone and email has been ringing pretty good so far. I think the piece is 8.5*11 you cant miss them. If they cant see them they will toss them. have a strong offer and youll succeed!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had a .003% return rate. But for us that's good because there is no other way that we can obtain leads for clients. Im in the field most often so I don't have time to go door to door knocking or time to meet with people at Chamber meetings. When im not working in the field I am spending time with my two kids & not spending time handing out flyers in paper boxes.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunton Guy View Post
We have had a .003% return rate. But for us that's good because there is no other way that we can obtain leads for clients. Im in the field most often so I don't have time to go door to door knocking or time to meet with people at Chamber meetings. When im not working in the field I am spending time with my two kids & not spending time handing out flyers in paper boxes.

You don't even get a single call on 10k flyers? We sent out 10k of our 20k and netted us 20 new customers. Having a solid offer is key. Sending out EDDM with a "First mowing free" Isn't going to cut it. What are you willing to give away to be absolutely sure you're going to get customers?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

3rd month free? I would offer the first month free--you will get a lot more calls. And it costs the same.
Also send a coupon for a free mowing or freebie of some kind--free soil test, half-price aeration, free bush planted, free flat of flowers planted...with estimate.
After all--you want them to call you. You will earn it back many times over--if you do a good job and keep them as a customer.
Also you may want to try to give them a coupon for a freebie at another small business. If they call they get a freebie for a free small pizza. Half-price haircut? Sharpen mower blade?
Small businesses may be willing to provide the coupon for free--after all, it brings in a customer--who will become a regular if they like the food or service.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ef20098: We don't offer any free or discounted services. Our goal is not to be the bargain based company. Our ideal client & the clients we work for are to busy with their executive jobs to be enticed by a "offer"

Our average home is in the 1 million + range. We offer contract only services and strive to average between 1-2K dollars a month per customer when possible. Not all of our clients spend this of coarse but alot of our new clients do. Between their lawn maintenance and constant rotation of plants & flowers. When people spend that kind of money offering a free cut is like calling them low class.

I've said this in many other posts. We have over 10,000 landscapers in our 50 sq. mile radius city. So there is dense competition. We can easily send out 5K EDDM post cards and get 15 calls. Of those 15 calls we will pre-qualify them on the phone and maybe actually visit 7-10 of those properties.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think we get even lower then 0.003% return lately. In March we sent out 7,500 EDDM post cards that were printed by two of the well known printers on this website. I received 3 phone calls.....out of those I received 1 client.