Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Hope that wasn't a promotion without a raise.
I didn't get a raise but he did say what ever I'm under on my bid price to the actual install I get. So If I'm under $300 dollars I get that extra amount
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do yourself a favor and stay low volume. Take this advice from a high volume installer.

Reason 1-
About 1 in 10 people in the world are crazy, literally. So every 10 systems you will have to deal with someone that you will never make happy.

Reason 2-
You will have a target on your back because your the "big bad company" in every other installers eyes. Of course they assume and will tell potential customers that because of your size there is no way the quality is the same.

Reason 3-

Overhead. The more you install means more permits, inspections, designs, walk through, BS warranty calls, etc. I have one LI that works for me and all he does is designs, permits, and inspections. It gets expensive.

4. Constantly training. Eventually a manager will steal, get too big for his pants, stop doing customer service, etc. Then you have to deal with the fallout.

Etc etc etc
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2013, 02:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

True that. At least 1-10 hah. I just handle it per person. Sometimes you have to get fiesty and stern back... Sometimes you just need to inform them to understand what's going on..

I'm noticing I'm having a hard time with my expectation levels with my crew helpers. I always view something in an estimated time of how long it would take me. Of course situations arises from time to time but I always feel my crew goes slow as hell even tho they are working good.

Then cleaniness.. My expectations with cleaniness is nothing near to what my crews eyes are lol.