Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-13-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! That's what I thought.... I honestly have never been a fan of the split tail kit until I saw your pictures.... Those stripes are out of this world.... You can see how well the walker cuts... oh boy! Any other mods on your 26? I used to live in Boston and we ran everybody ran Walkers but you never saw the split kit.... I currently live in Upstate New York and am growing a new business up here(our business's are actually pretty similar set ups except you look a lot busier than i am hahaha) Anyway, thinking about getting a larger side discharge deck and was thinking about split wheel after I saw your flicks.... Unreal stripes man!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

By the way, great job on that recent one..... What's that footing for? Drainage? Retaining wall? That looks like a wicked fun project.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
By the way, great job on that recent one..... What's that footing for? Drainage? Retaining wall? That looks like a wicked fun project.
Thanks man! That area is going to be for a small boulder retaining wall to level off the area for plantings. Sadly it won't really be seen after it's built since planting will cover it. No other mods to the walker just the split tail kit and yeah everyone around here runs a walker but I have seen no others with the split tail either. Sometimes I get lawn crews pulling over and asking me about the wheel setup thinking its something for more stability. You'll get busy just do good work at a reasonable price and work will spread. I spent the first two years in business only cutting 17 lawns and now this year I'm finally up to 35.
48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds
Old 05-14-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you man! Mind if I ask how old you are? (you don't have to say if you don't want to)... I am 32 and I feel as though I am still 21 but I do feel as if I got my business started a little late... (especially when looking at Pro Turf's thread!) Funny you mention the stability thing.... I have actually heard that it will give a little more stability on hills.... But shoot buddy, I laugh my head off reading the comments on this site with people saying that Walkers are no good on hills.... What? My 26 is amazing on hills! and if there is something I can't climb, I just do it in reverse and the stripes are fine... straight as an arrow if you know what yer doin.....
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 26 but look about 18 and still work as hard as I did back then if not harder hah! Yeah and I don't know what these people are talking about with the hills and walkers I have one steep front yard that mine cuts no problem. You just gotta know how to operate your machine. I'll try to remember to grab a photo of it tomorrow when I cut it. I feel like I'm a little behind the ball on starting but this year I am growing a lot and looking to go to a four man crew next year or two, two man crews.
48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds
Old 05-15-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ryan, you still trying to sell your Great dane this year? I might be interested

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AWeave...12666792139719

http://www.aweaverlawncare.com

Rhode Island Lawncare/Landscapers Networking Thread
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisDiesel View Post
Ryan, you still trying to sell your Great dane this year? I might be interested
Put it on craigslist and sold it for more than I bought it back in the beginning of spring sorry man.
48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds
Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Two, two man crews is definitely pretty slick..... This is what my old boss ran and what I would ultimately like to run as well.... The one crew was mowing 4 solid days a week... Tuesday thru Friday. Then the miscellaneous/install/hardscape crew was doing their thing Tuesday thru Friday too. These guys did all the hedge trimming, hardscapes, landscape installs, plantings, gutters, random stuff. Then on Mondays my Boss always had a bigger project for all 4 of us and it was really genius on his part because he really had every Monday booked with a bigger project. Then again, two, two man mowing crews and the other crew is my ultimate goal.... I'll get there... 10 or 15 years down the road isn't so long when you really think about it...
Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmlandscape View Post
Put it on craigslist and sold it for more than I bought it back in the beginning of spring sorry man.
No worries man, I went down to Pat's Power looking for a good used zero turn and he tried selling me a 2012 ferris I2000 with 26 hours.......not exactly what I was looking for lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AWeave...12666792139719

http://www.aweaverlawncare.com

Rhode Island Lawncare/Landscapers Networking Thread
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some pics from the past few days. Been renting my buddies tractor from him for the landscape install project. Works out really well with it having the turf tires on it. Also a few shots of lawns from this week.
Attached Images

48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds