Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:28 PM
kh971 kh971 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 10
Breathing Protection and Sunglasses?

Well after all these years i have started wearing a nice dustmask when I cut grass now. Man what a difference!!!
The hard thing for me is how to wear sunglasses and a dust mask?!?!?
How do you guys get around this.
I have some parts of some yards that do not have grass, just bare dirt.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Wolfsnout® Wolfsnout® is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: GA.
Posts: 147
The wolfsnouts under nose fit works perfect with glasses or goggles!

Hello ALL...Tim with Wolfsnout here!
I would like to present to you a great product many of you can use. The Wolfsnout® Dust Mask!


Originally designed for hot offload desert racing the Wolfsnout® has set the standard. Turns out that this great product fits right in for other applications as well.

They are super light weight, super easy to breathe through and cooler to use on a hot day when compared to the restrictive land filling through away masks and filters.

One of the coolest things about the Wolfsnouts is the fact that you can use them wet on a hot day.
Rinse them out over and over again. Taken care of they can last for years!
Now that's Eco friendly.
Find hundreds of reviews and comments on the web.

Go here to learn more.http://www.wolfsnout.com/Dust_mask_for_landscaping.html

They are 100% made in the USA
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 PM
sehitchman sehitchman is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: West, GA
Posts: 536
Patiently waiting for the manditory LS discount.
__________________
My wife said "you're on lawn toy restriction"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 PM
herler herler is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,263
I wouldn't wear sunglasses, in this line of work those things can do more harm than good and it's got nothing to do with sun light.
Foreign object comes flying at those spectacles at 127.3 mph and it can shatter standard glasses, sending shards everywhere, to include one's eyes.

I highly encourage folks to wear only the current standard ANSI Z87.1-2003 Safety Glasses
They can be tinted, they do make them, but they need to be safety standard approved by the American National Standards Institute.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 PM
silvermaxd's Avatar
silvermaxd silvermaxd is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 51
I wear Oakley M frames and they have been hit lots of times. Good eye coverage with these
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Southern Lawn Care, LLC Southern Lawn Care, LLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 299
I wear Costas and have for many many years with no issues at all. Never had a pair crack, shatter or even break and they have been knocked off my face a few times from debry flying up and hitting them while weed eating.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Ijustwantausername's Avatar
Ijustwantausername Ijustwantausername is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Lawn Care, LLC View Post
I wear Costas and have for many many years with no issues at all. Never had a pair crack, shatter or even break and they have been knocked off my face a few times from debry flying up and hitting them while weed eating.
I second this, I have gone through 3 pair in my 7 or so years doing this. Way better off to wear glasses than not. I'd be blind if I hadn't worn glasses some days.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:59 AM
orangemower orangemower is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
I wouldn't wear sunglasses, in this line of work those things can do more harm than good and it's got nothing to do with sun light.
Foreign object comes flying at those spectacles at 127.3 mph and it can shatter standard glasses, sending shards everywhere, to include one's eyes.

I highly encourage folks to wear only the current standard ANSI Z87.1-2003 Safety Glasses
They can be tinted, they do make them, but they need to be safety standard approved by the American National Standards Institute.
Really? I thought companies made sunglasses that are safety glasses? As in, tinted safety glasses. I know I have a dozen pair of various safety glasses that are ALL tinted for use in sun light. I also have "clear" safety glasses for when it's not so bright outside.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Hawkshot99 Hawkshot99 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
Really? I thought companies made sunglasses that are safety glasses? As in, tinted safety glasses. I know I have a dozen pair of various safety glasses that are ALL tinted for use in sun light. I also have "clear" safety glasses for when it's not so bright outside.
There are lots of sunglasses out there that are safety glasses as well. The pair I wear are by Smith. They look just like a regular pair of sunglasses, but are their military pair, to be worn in combat, so they have safe lenses.
__________________
Exmark Viking 48"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-23-2013, 11:55 AM
zackvbra zackvbra is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake park, ga
Posts: 517
I just wear regular safety glasses. I tried to use a dust mask one time during my leaf clean ups, na uh! The weather around here is way too hot and humid to be wearing a dust mask, I could hardly breath!
__________________
My set up:
-2007 Chevy 2500hd 8.1l 4x4
-7x18 enclosed trailer
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.07832 seconds with 9 queries