Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The one thing that I find disrespectful was when people would use Eric's pictures as if they were their own.
I know that most of us would bombard that person with bad emails. The reason this site exist is because Eric was always ready to help somebody and not afraid to share his experience, even if you were from the wrong coast.

You are still remembered and may your legacy live for eternity

John
Old 04-13-2013, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbuster View Post
The one thing that I find disrespectful was when people would use Eric's pictures as if they were their own.
I know that most of us would bombard that person with bad emails. The reason this site exist is because Eric was always ready to help somebody and not afraid to share his experience, even if you were from the wrong coast.

You are still remembered and may your legacy live for eternity

John
Yeah there's a guy locally whose CL ad has one of Eric's pics. Well he works night shift at a place I plow and that's all I could think about when plowing around his truck.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Eric is the reason that I bought my first zero turn mower. I learned so much from his posts, really do miss what lawnsite was back then. Eric only lived a hour or so from me but I never met him in person. I go to his forum ever now and then but never see any of the old members there posting. I can believe how long it's been.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i can never get enough of his fine work, and we still talk about it and him, which i think is totally awesome. RIP ERIC
Old 04-14-2013, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, so i guess i will be the a$$hole...how did Eric pass? I feel like i've been on lawn site for a while and don't remember seeing or hearing much about the guy...the only thing that rings a bell is his screen name, "Eric ELM"

are there websites/forums of his that can still be seen?

i'm also very curious about the double blades...can anyone please elaborate? (what kind of blades, are they installed directly on top of each other or perpendicular, etc)

and wouldn't you know it, this is my 1000th post...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
ok, so i guess i will be the a$$hole...how did Eric pass? I feel like i've been on lawn site for a while and don't remember seeing or hearing much about the guy...the only thing that rings a bell is his screen name, "Eric ELM"

are there websites/forums of his that can still be seen?

i'm also very curious about the double blades...can anyone please elaborate? (what kind of blades, are they installed directly on top of each other or perpendicular, etc)

and wouldn't you know it, this is my 1000th post...
There is alot of info on double blades by running a search. Also the archived link to Erics site has a section where he explains the doubles. Its kinda a Dixie Chopper thing I remember him from Lawnfourms

Congrats on 1000
Old 04-14-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
I did some searching about Eric as he was around before long before I was on this site, and came across this thread that his son posted in 2002.

http://www.**********.com/showthread.php?2187-From-the-Family

It's from another site so mods feel free to let me know if I shouldn't post it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2013, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Eric, was a pioneer, he had what some only aspire to be. Of the many talents he had he mastered many. One of the first (if not THE first) to advocate double blades, worked at making his lawns look like a work of art, great early computers skills by having great photos and educations, informative well written post. Never disrespecting anyone on line or in person.

I wont go as far to say he discovered lawn forums as we know it now. But he was one of the (early 1999) believers of fellow LCO working together not agents each other. The internet forums was really taking off when he began and Eric was out in front..