Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pricing and Sub-contracting

Quick question ...

I have been ask to bid on mowing a church property by a friend who attends this church. The main piece of property that the church sits on is right about 2.75 acres, which they want mowed weekly. They also own 6 acres behind the church that they only want mowed monthly. I don't normally even mow for people that only want mowed bi-weekly (unless dry weather causes this).

I am thinking of having a buddy who bush hogs take care of the back property (providing the church is fine with this just being cut this way) .. and I will take care of the weekly mowing. My friends price on the 6 acres us $200.00.

How do you feel about:

A) Sub-contracting out the 6 acres for $200.00 .. and do you think that is reasonable for that type of cut.

B) What should I charge for the front part ... maybe $80. or so. I always try to make at least $50 an hour, and I think this is prob about right.

Suggestions?

Dave

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Around $110 per cut for the front.

If your buddies price is $200 your price should be at least $230.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Your buddy's price is not that bad but I agree about $100 for the church. I am surprised that the church does not have someone cutting it for free. That is a great advertising tool. I mean how many people go to the church and how many clients do you think you could get from doing the church? You may want to tell the church that anyone you get that goes to that church will get a 10% OFF service or 5% of the money will go back to the church. You can get a lot of clients by offering this type of service. Plus the church will be promoting you company every chance they get if they can make some money to help out the church.

Just a thought
Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesLanscaping View Post
Your buddy's price is not that bad but I agree about $100 for the church. I am surprised that the church does not have someone cutting it for free. That is a great advertising tool. I mean how many people go to the church and how many clients do you think you could get from doing the church? You may want to tell the church that anyone you get that goes to that church will get a 10% OFF service or 5% of the money will go back to the church. You can get a lot of clients by offering this type of service. Plus the church will be promoting you company every chance they get if they can make some money to help out the church.

Just a thought
That was my first question to my buddy .. that I would have figured that someone that goes to the church would be mowing it. After I posted my prices, I figured that I should probably charge something around $100 per cut for the church property. I could tell them that it would be more like $110 - $120, but that I discounted it because it was a church.

As for the back, I think I will bump it just a little so as to get a little cut of that mowing as well. Besides .. I may have to trim around a few small trees back there .. so I need a little for that.

Thanks guys ...

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products