Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallstripesnc View Post
I'm glad to hear all the good reviews on the 224L. I really think I'm going to pull the trigger on one. I seriously can't take another day or two of the issues with the Echo. Echo's used to be good! I guess once they went "orange" they went south.
i have the 326ls husky and its the best all around trimmer made imo. i dont think you can go wrong with any of the husky trimmers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

thanks Ridin' for the link. i don't have any experience with dolmar and i don't think there is a dealer anywhere near me.

i'm still thinking the husqvarna 580bts for my next blower as of right now.

i need a 4stroke blower that is comparable to that. like over 800cfm at the tube and over 205mph at the tube as well.

it would just be nice if i could get away from mixed gas altogether. no more buying 2 stroke oil to mix and so forth. that would be a huge cost savings over time. i'm already saving alot of money since my edger and trimmer doesn't use mixed gas.

Last edited by weeze; 04-12-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Jason,
I'm not sure how far you are from Birmingham (I don't recall now), but here is a link from their dealer locator. I simply punched in Alabama and several dealers in that area popped up-

http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/c...ealer_locator/
Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i see that. they are all about 1hr away from me.

it's a possibility. it will still be awhile before i purchase another blower since my br600 is still pretty new. the dolmar gives me something to think about though.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i found some vids of the dolmar blower in action. it is the same blower as a makita bbx7600n. i've read where it uses a robin/subaru engine which i know those are good engines. going by the specs it would have about the same power as a stihl br600 or close to it.

br600 is 201mph and 712cfm
dolmar is 195mph and 720cfm

still not close to a 580bts that is 206.2mph and 907.6cfm or a 570bts that is 236mph and 770cfm.

would be nice to have a 4 stroke no oil mix with 205mph+ and 750+cfm.

Last edited by weeze; 04-12-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
i found some vids of the dolmar blower in action. it is the same blower as a makita bbx7600n. i've read where it uses a robin/subaru engine which i know those are good engines. going by the specs it would have about the same power as a stihl br600 or close to it.

br600 is 201mph and 712cfm
dolmar is 195mph and 720cfm

still not close to a 580bts that is 206.2mph and 907.6cfm

would be nice to have a 4 stroke no oil mix with 205mph+ and 750+cfm.
Dolmar makes the Makita BP's and their chainsaws as well. They are made in Germany so they are quality tools for sure.

The specs that they show for the blowers though, are taken at the blower housing. I looked at them at a dealer here last year or late the year before (I don't recall right off), and the data tag hanging on them showed the tube numbers as well as those you posted. They were still pretty decent specs, but were lower than the ones shown on their site that you posted. IIRC, they were about the same as the BR550's.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

there is a place nearby where you can rent them. i wonder how much? maybe i could rent one for a day and try it out.

i'm sure they would be great to use for just blowing off driveways and such after mowing.

maybe i could get one for that and buy a big daddy 580bts for the leaf jobs in the fall.

do you know how much the dolmar blowers cost?

Last edited by weeze; 04-12-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I thought I read somewhere on here where you said you didn't really do all that many leaves in the fall? The Dolmar would probably be more than enough for you if that's the case. The BR550 isn't exactly a slouch. I am always amazed at how much my wife got done with my BR320 she liked to use so much. Deep leaves didn't seem to deter her while using it. I just sold it and picked up a BR380 because it has quite abit more power in the same weight and size machine. It will be my main blower for most of the year since it is so light and handy, and has more than enough power for any mowing route, and does pretty welll in heavy leaves. My neighbor a few doors down has the BR400 which has close to the same specs (a little lower mph on the 400)
Old 04-12-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i do a few leaf jobs in the fall where i use the blower. most times i just mow over the leaves and mulch them up with the mower. i admit it's not that often i use the blower so i don't really need a huge blower and i'd hate to have a big blower that i only used 1 or 2 times a year and it just sat in the garage collecting dust the rest of the time.

i need one blower that fits everything if that makes sense.

hmmmmm

it's kindof the same thing where i had to use my stick edger on a sidewalk a few weeks ago where the dirt was 6" over the concrete. i do run into this type of thing from time to time but it's not nearly often enough to invest in buying a walkbehind edger or anything.

i just have to find the right balance for everything.

does anyone on here have a dolmar blower? i would trade my br600 for it.

the dolmar blowers are around $400 new.

Last edited by weeze; 04-12-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think Honda needs to come out with a 4 stroke blower that has the specs of the Redmax EBZ8500. The extra power is awesome on the EBZ8500 and for the leaves in the fall it definitely blew past the BR600. I had an employee running a BR600 and I had the EBZ8500 and the Redmax had quite a bit more power imo.

I'm still debating on trimmers. I called Husqvarna and they stated the 224L isn't a commercial duty trimmer and they were unsure how it would handle with daily use. I don't get that because it has the same engine as the 324LDX. Does anyone know if Stihl fixed the throttle issue with their trimmers? I just can't have a trimmer that I can't use at all ranges on the throttle. Its weird because it seems like tons of guys use the FS90R and love it. Its weird.