Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2013, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

the 224L is commercial duty. i have a honda with the same engine. i've been using it over 10 years now. they hold up to anything.

now the more i think about it i think i will just wait on a 4 stroke blower. i'll just use my br600 until it goes poof and at that time look into buying a 4 stroke blower. by then they power on them should be up there alot more.

it would be weird to buy a blower with less power. it would feel weak. you can only go up in power.

i wish honda would make a backpack blower or an engine for one that husqvarna would sale. it doesn't even have to be as big as the 580bts or 570bts in power. if it was just something like 205-225mph and 750-800cfm it would be perfect.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallstripesnc View Post
I think Honda needs to come out with a 4 stroke blower that has the specs of the Redmax EBZ8500. The extra power is awesome on the EBZ8500 and for the leaves in the fall it definitely blew past the BR600. I had an employee running a BR600 and I had the EBZ8500 and the Redmax had quite a bit more power imo.

I'm still debating on trimmers. I called Husqvarna and they stated the 224L isn't a commercial duty trimmer and they were unsure how it would handle with daily use. I don't get that because it has the same engine as the 324LDX. Does anyone know if Stihl fixed the throttle issue with their trimmers? I just can't have a trimmer that I can't use at all ranges on the throttle. Its weird because it seems like tons of guys use the FS90R and love it. Its weird.
I read not too long ago ( and Lawnboydan posted this to me after that) that Stihl changed the throttle cable cam system under the engine shroud so that the trigger is smoother and feathers better.

The difference between the 224 and 324 is in the gear box, drive shaft etc, not the engine.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

they are different?

i thought the only difference was the 224L is a one piece shaft and the 324ldx accepts attachments.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
they are different?

i thought the only difference was the 224L is a one piece shaft and the 324ldx accepts attachments.
The 2224 is not rated for, nor able to use blades etc., instead of the trimmer head, but the 324LDX can. It has the skid shield under the engine too.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

hmmm so i guess it's sorta the same thing as the 223L and the 323L trimmers?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

See all I need is something that can do weekly trimming and I can edge with it as well and thats RELIABLE and would prefer it to be commercial quality so it can withstand daily use.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
hmmm so i guess it's sorta the same thing as the 223L and the 323L trimmers?
The 223L yes, however the 323L can take blades etc because it has a solid drive shaft.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallstripesnc View Post
See all I need is something that can do weekly trimming and I can edge with it as well and thats RELIABLE and would prefer it to be commercial quality so it can withstand daily use.
I used my 223L all last season for alll my trimming and kept the FS90 with the edger attachment on it all year. I don't think you will be disappointed with the 223, 224 or 323 in any way. They are listed as "estate" trimmers in Husqvarna's catalogs. All I know is I have no doubts that my 223L will go for a looooong time. It is so light and easy to maneuver that it's hard to grab anything else.

I forgot to add: The T-35 bump head that comes on the Husky's is the easiest loading, and best working head I have ever used. I wouldn't look twice at a speed feed head now.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just another idea to throw into the mix:

http://powerequipment.honda.com/trim...els/hht25sltat

Keep in mind that Honda weighs their trimmers with the guard and head installed. These do accept a 9" cutting blade as well.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 04-13-2013, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

yeah get the honda. i've had mine over 10 years now. i got it for $299 online shipped to my door. it is commercial duty no doubt. the 324ldx cost over $400 new. the reason i got it was because i needed an edger as well as a backup trimmer. since you can change attachments on it i bought it. honda doesn't sale an edger in the usa so the husqvarna was the only choice if you want that honda engine on your edger.