Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat procat or gravely z148

Hey guys just wanted some opinions on two mowers.

First: a bobcat procat 52 in deck with a 19 hp Kawasaki. Found it at a reputable pawn shop, just a little over 1100 hours, overall looks like a great mower. Only one issue, it has a oil leak apparently pretty bad., however, today they sent it to the local bobcat dealer to repair the leak. They are asking 2500. To me I'm a little worried about the 19hp being slightly underpowered for commercial use. Not sure what year this mower is but looks to be around a 2008-2009 model (forgot to ask). Sorry no pics of it.

Second: A Gravely Z148 obviously a 48 in cut and it has a 23 HP Kawasaki on it. It has right at 825 hours. Once again mower looks to be in great shape and seems to check out great from what I've seen (no leaks, unusual noises, obvious damage) . The owner originally was asking 2500 but said he will take 2200 cash for it. Sorry no pics of this one either and not 100% on the year.

I know it's a little difficult to make any choice without pics or exact details. Just wanted to get an idea of what people think of the two manufactures (gravely and bobcat) I personally like the reviews I've read on gravelys but I've yet to hear a negative about bobcat. I'm a little worried about the oil leak on the bobcat but I feel since its being repaired by the actual dealer this gives me a little piece of mind. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone and god bless!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

CORRECTION: Gravely 148z**

Sorry about that
Posted via Mobile Device