Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2013, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Question. During those thunderstorms, is there a lot of ponding and runoff created in the lawn? The labeling on Celsius and Monument is pretty liberal compared to 2,4-D based products or Simazine. I would like it to stay that way. When the active ingredients are detectable in ground and surface water, things change.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

With heavy rain and our clay soil there is run off, there is not much pounding in MY yard but they graded the yard for run off into my driveway right in to the gutters.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2013, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The gutters go into public waterways? Runoff from residential lawns is a good way to get products restricted, then banned.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am not sure if they go into public water ways. We have sewers and what I call gutters at the end of streets that accept all storm water. I am guessing chemical run off can't be that bad because 1 outta every 5 houses use Tru green or another type of company to spray. They may not be checking the ground for chemicals either. I am trying to be safer than the average home owner. I actually got mad at myself yesterday because I was spraying in my yard and I should have just been hand pulling because I don't have hardly any weeds. I counted maybe 25 little weeds in 10000 sqft of grass. I used the left over mix and sprayed the neighbors lawn.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those do. Unless those gutters are connected to the sanitary sewer system, they do end up in rivers, then lakes. I can thank TG for why the label for 2,4-D based products got highly restrictive. Independent CPOs in the states where TG works can thank them for why both the citizens and regulatory agencies have a real beef against lawn applications.