Click for Weather

Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skew View Post
Pumps are Hydro-gear 16cc
Parker wheel motors
Great thanks for that skew!

They appear to be the same as used by the Scag Turf Tiger!

http://www.scag.com/sttpumps.html
Old 06-21-2013, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Member

For what its worth Ferris puts 8" fans on their pumps vs 6" on others but probably doesn't make alot of temp difference but at $1000 ea for a new pump I guess every little bit of cooling helps.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Just got my 5 gal "No Spill" can in. Works perfect with the Ferris tank all I have to do is press the button and it sits on the tank and it quits filling when the tank is full. Time to buy another "No Spill" for the other side.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2013, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Skew, has that mower cut any grass yet? Its cleaner than a ferrari!

I like the no spill idea, how does the nozzle stop when its full? Is it just that you have the correct size can for an empty fuel tank?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Green, any scheduled demos for the Ferris and Gravely? I look foward to your opinion on both!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Skew, has that mower cut any grass yet? Its cleaner than a ferrari!

I like the no spill idea, how does the nozzle stop when its full? Is it just that you have the correct size can for an empty fuel tank?
I'm coming up on 20hrs :-) but I must confess I use a mtm foam lance on a pressure washer
5 minutes no touching and it looks like new again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcCR...e_gdata_player

The no spill nozzle it about 6" long and sticks in the fuel tank neck. Its designed when fuel covers the tip it stops flowing because it can't get any air.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Green, any scheduled demos for the Ferris and Gravely? I look foward to your opinion on both!
Posted via Mobile Device
Nah still in lou. Whats holding me up is the Ferris, thought I was never going to get a demo so was calling around for contacts of customers who own one to go meet up with them, however I struck a dealer who claimed to be getting a demo 3100 in soon, he also negotiated to best price of them all. So Im waiting for that to come in, just takes so long! sick of waiting. Trouble is now that this week is raining mon/tue, then ill be catching up rest of week + grounds are wet. Then the following week im away for work dam it, so if it doesn't come in this week then it will be 2.5 weeks from now earliest that I can demo, that's providing the dealer even has it by then.

Im keen to demo the Gravely now, weeks ago in fact, but when I tried to arrange with them they wanted me to demo any other ZTRs I was considering firstly & come to them last, they want to offer me a one time only deal which will not last longer than a day or 2. I couldn't argue with it as the area rep is bringing a demo from a distance away.

So far I was pleased with the Cheetah, my only issue is I couldn't take it on any properties of mine & was only 10mins. I wanted contact detail of a customer who owned one, but the dealer said he only had one guy & he didn't want me visiting him, so dealer arranged him to drop of machine for a service & while its there I demo it.

This is the best it gets over here
Old 06-22-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skew View Post
I'm coming up on 20hrs :-) but I must confess I use a mtm foam lance on a pressure washer
5 minutes no touching and it looks like new again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcCR...e_gdata_player

The no spill nozzle it about 6" long and sticks in the fuel tank neck. Its designed when fuel covers the tip it stops flowing because it can't get any air.
Good idea the non spill nozzle. Good on you for keeping the Ferris is such good condition!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi there. First post for me.
I took a 3100 for a quick demo a few weeks ago. Being 6'4" tall, my knee would interfere with the steering lever when operating the deck lift. Sat in one again today at the shop and it looks like there is still a bit of adjustment left in the handles, but doesn't seem like enough. Seat was back as far as it would go.
Wondering if any taller people have been able to set it up to comfortably use the deck lift?

Also, would I be right in assuming that the 36hp 1000 odd cc B&S is rated on the old rating standard and would actually be roughly equivalent to the Kawasaki 31hp 999cc which is rated with the new standard?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
Hi there. First post for me.
I took a 3100 for a quick demo a few weeks ago. Being 6'4" tall, my knee would interfere with the steering lever when operating the deck lift. Sat in one again today at the shop and it looks like there is still a bit of adjustment left in the handles, but doesn't seem like enough. Seat was back as far as it would go.
Wondering if any taller people have been able to set it up to comfortably use the deck lift?

Also, would I be right in assuming that the 36hp 1000 odd cc B&S is rated on the old rating standard and would actually be roughly equivalent to the Kawasaki 31hp 999cc which is rated with the new standard?
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I can't help you on the fitment question, but you are right in your thinking about the Vanguard vs Kawi. They would be very similar in actual HP when both are rated by the same standard. However, a lot of guys here believe the Vanguards feel more powerful comepared to a Kawi or Kohler in the same HP range.

BTW- we have another member here from your region of Oz named Mickhippy. Maybe you know him, maybe not, but if you hang around here much, you'll see him post. Again, welcome.