Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-14-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The seat kit was $225. Mulch kit $250 the weed eaters stay on truck with a bar you turn that locks them for transport. I hope I answered all the questions. I suggest
That you remove the little spring that brings the transport lever over. That way when u lift the deck with your foot when u see an obstacles in the yard it will return to your cutting height rather than getting locked in transport mode
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2013, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 3100 with the 360 scalp wheels and one without and it's not big deal at all... I bent mine on my old on and I ran it with them off for awhile and never had a problem scalping... This machine is easy to mow on with little to no scalping... I promise scalping isn't a issue with the 3100... I like the new scalp wheels better because the built better...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

how much does the 3100 with the Kawasaki 37dfi weigh ? About 1250 ? Would this mower rut the yard too bad.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
how much does the 3100 with the Kawasaki 37dfi weigh ? About 1250 ? Would this mower rut the yard too bad.
My JD Z950 weighs 1430 lbs without me on it, and I have yet to rut any yard with it. I mowed all last season on it too.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
The sus seat kit is an extra option
They did away with the 360 anti scalp wheels. Dealer told me people did not grease them and they would get damaged driving over curbs. I put the worn issolator under the seat to keep the metal pin from rubbing under seat platform. I did put a large ferris decal on front of seat platform. That was not factory.the hour meter was like that from the factory. There was no shroud around my pump fans. They might have made changed for 2013.the speed increace switch is very nice. Just one tap and it goes from slow to fast. Any more questions . Thanks for posting pics green
Posted via Mobile Device
No worries at all, thanks for taking them!

Thats unusual the speed switch! is the slow speed limited to a certain mph?
Old 04-15-2013, 04:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
I have a 3100 with the 360 scalp wheels and one without and it's not big deal at all... I bent mine on my old on and I ran it with them off for awhile and never had a problem scalping... This machine is easy to mow on with little to no scalping... I promise scalping isn't a issue with the 3100... I like the new scalp wheels better because the built better...
Posted via Mobile Device
Goodo, thanks for that. looking forward to taking one out for a demo, if I can manage to find one! Cheers
Old 04-15-2013, 04:04 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What is the go with that speed switch. It thought it was BS when it was mentioned before.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
What is the go with that speed switch. It thought it was BS when it was mentioned before.
Seems a bit odd doesnt it. I've never really got my head around the speed adj on scags either, I dont find it any trouble to use the levers at any position to control the speed.

Be nice if Ferris advertised somewhere on their website the details
Old 04-15-2013, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The speed switch he is talking about is just the throttle that revs the engine up, the DFI has a switch for the throttle instead of a throttle lever... I hate the switch on mine I would rather have a lever like a carb model does...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
The speed switch he is talking about is just the throttle that revs the engine up, the DFI has a switch for the throttle instead of a throttle lever... I hate the switch on mine I would rather have a lever like a carb model does...
Posted via Mobile Device
I was thinking that could be it, but how do you regulate the rpm? Is it just idle or full rev?
Posted via Mobile Device