Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-29-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

customer says flags look bad

We maintain this property and one issue the pres. Of the hoa brings up is that the irrigation flags look bad ..and that they are always there and that we flag the same heads every time and we must be hitting them with the mowers.

My bro performed a check in Nov. And they didn't approve the repair, he came back in Feb and added to the little crop o flags. Approved nada, zilch...then asked if he could put zone numbers on the flags so they could inspect the heads...
Also asked to have us put all the heads on a map, so they could approve some but not all...failed seals or spings is a fail..no repair...stuck in the up position..no repair...our mow guys should be trained to avoid those.

Note to the sane audience; after I told her that the flags disappear when we fix the heads, she says we still need to develop something better

I'm gonna suggest a yellow ribbon or maybe candy canes ...
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Failure to approve irrigation repairs just about says to me that someone no longer wants me to service the property at all. That they have someone else behind you to do the work once you are no longer there. Well, facilitate that action. Fire them.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
I'm gonna suggest a yellow ribbon or maybe candy canes ...
I'd suggest they find someone who gives a flying sh!t. Just my opinion
Old 04-29-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tell them that's a good one and write it down for the book of funny customer quotes.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I sold them on a remote so they could check the heads themselves...
Afterr two years of drought and one day a week watering, their property looks like ehiznitz.

I told em they had grubbs, and followed up twice...nada...
40 station property and the city only allows 9 hours watering without a varience...they told me the varience was a no go as 'the grass will eventually go away anyways' then told me I never offered the vaience the last three years...
Its obviously the big 48 inch lawnmower causing compaction, but not the lack of sun caused by the 7ft canopy trees, lack of water, repair or grubb control...
They want us to use 21inch lawnmowers...
Your fired has been my thought...
Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Someone that does not follow my professional counsel probably has someone behind me that they will listen to. Talking to brick walls is not only unprofitable, but highly stressful. Now that you have laid out more of the situation, if this were mine, these people would be looking for someone else to not listen to yet string up for every time and place the lawn "looks bad". This is a toxic situation. I am sure they can find someone to do things their way and have it look good.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Its a condo community, several folks are ' gardeners '...they have been doing lots of planting in grass without altering the irritation,further compounding the issues...condos are difficult mostly due to petty grievances and outlandish theories about how things work...they stated that the areas out front are unimportant to the community

Three years of bugging them to do something...they are overall happy with us, they say...I'm kinda tired of their thinking
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Overall happy? Either someone has enough confidence in you to follow your advice or not. With all of the drought restrictions, will the water cops bust the HOA for broken sprinklers or has that been taken care of by shutting off that zone?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The water cops won't investigate inside the gates...either way it won't reflect well on us..I teach a class with one of the inspectors...the city is now requiring a irritation inspector to check each commercial property once per year...I'm likely going to change my licence so my brother can continue to do the repair and I can go inspect
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

1-800 Sprinkler Buddy
Posted via Mobile Device