Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-17-2013, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLugNutZ View Post
lol kids area great. My 6 year old daughter always wants to help too. So you are going to stop with landscaping to work for BMW?
Those are the goals for sure. I really enjoy landscaping, but I think I could have it as a nice side income and to pass it down or something. I have had a couple older bimmers ('91, '97 and '98) and just enjoy working on them. Kind of a fanatic I guess even though many hate them. I've done the minor oil changes up to tranny an engine swaps and enjoy it. I thought it would be good to go back to school for it so what the heck. Finishing up my 1st year and appear to be doing good by my gpa. More of a useful trade for me as a backup eh? There is just something about daughters☺
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

lol nice. Yeah im actually in the opposite situation. Im an insurance agent now, make decent money, but i really want to work for myself and im tired of being in an office all day all year. I enjoy landscaping so i figured what the hell, start something part time and see what happens. I already told my boss i may leave or request to go part time in a year or 2, he wasnt happy but figures give me 2 days a week rather than lose me all together.. Ill see how it works out. My concern is making enough to justify leaving my cozy office job, but i think its worth a shot anyway...

I love cars myself and in highschool i considered going to school to be a mechanic. Now after slaving over my car in the garage for hours at a time over a seized bolt or something stupid, im glad I didnt. Working on cars as a hobby is good, but once you have to do it to pay the bills all of the time, its no longer fun haha.

Tags
commercial 30 , efficient , solo