Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like the New Holland? im lookin at an older 1996 skid , its an LX865turbo . Machine only has 1700 hours and hes asking $9k, its in good condition. Think its a good deal?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The new Hollands aren't bad machines. I have 1 tracked 175 and 2 wheeled 175 machines . Main reason why I got them is because of there height when we do work in underground garages. In have never ran one of the older ones so I can't give a good review on them . But I have never had an issue with any of ours besides an a/c pump went out in one. With that said from now on out I will only be buying case or bobcat skid steers and Ctl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
Bobcat is just on a demo right now we will see how it goes. So far it is a great powerful machine but the side mount engine makes it pretty tippy and unstable then our 85 Deere. I still have a hitachi 85 and kubota 080-4 in mind if I decide I don't like the e85 enough. I must admit though this size machine is a very useful size.
Posted via Mobile Device
Completely agree with you on the size of the midi's being perfect machines, especially with zero tail swing. We are looking at several machines in this size, tak tb180fr, cat 308, pc78 etc... I can rent a 3.5ton machine for 150 bucks a day so it makes no sense to buy one (unless i ramp up my usage). I have more need for a larger machine to own and rent the smaller ones as needed.

Work looks great!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Protouch- thanks for the compliments! This size machine is perfect. I dont know how i got along for so long without one. The 85D has been away up north on a contract with a operator of ours for a utility contractor so i have only had very minimal seat time in it and didnt relize how handy they are. The more seat time i put on the bobcat the more i like it. Take a serious look at the E85 and Kubota Kx080 machines as well.

A.E.L

Land Clearing, Grinding services, Mulch Production, Excavating, Grading

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Finished all of the clearing and chipping today , and should be starting on the subgrade prep Monday. Have worked the snot out of the C175 this past week with the grapple on it and realize that a bigger CTL is really on the list if i want to further pursue these jobs (which i do) Bobcat dealer is letting me demo 2 used low hour units with a grader attachment next week . One is a T750 with A91 package and a T770 with A91 package. Both are 2012 models. Any feedback on them is welcomed.

The more i use the E85 the more i like it. Some small things (fit to finish things ) i dont like but it seems to be a solid machine overall. My operator seems to like it as well. The side mount motor took a while to get used to the tipsiness.

Few pictures of the progress, how we chipped the material, and of the rental Wacker Neuson 6001 compared to our 3001. The 6001 really is like a small rock truck!
Attached Images

A.E.L

Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Forgot the dumper picture
Attached Images

A.E.L

Old 10-25-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Bobcat dealer is letting me demo 2 used low hour units with a grader attachment next week . One is a T750 with A91 package and a T770 with A91 package. Both are 2012 models. Any feedback on them is welcomed.
T770 all day. We just traded in our T750 for another T770 with the A91 package because we push our machines to their limits quite a bit and that extra 7hp does a lot more than you'd think.

My T770 has 1040 hours on it now and its still like new. Spent today cleaning and servicing it. I took some degreaser to it and it shines like its new. May trade it in on a new one depending on what kind of deal we can get but I'd rather replace the CX75 first.

A91 package is worth it if you spend all day in a CTL
Old 10-25-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you gotten everything straightend out with your photo thread? I'd like to start seeing your work pictures again!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-26-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sean, great pics. Your work is a great motivation for me. I've decided to keep my wheeled skid and look for a low hour used CTL. Better to have two machines.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-26-2013, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Have you gotten everything straightend out with your photo thread? I'd like to start seeing your work pictures again!
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm ready to see them again too!