Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2013, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Weighs about 14 tonnes
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sean, i made two great contacts with govt agencies to supply sandbags during an emergency and to supply pre-palletized bags to stockpile. I guess all it takes is one good contact. Thanks for all the advice and inspiration.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Right back at you Jacob, it's awesome to see how far you have come along and how far you will go. Hopefully someday soon we can chat over beers .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

One looks like the galaxy hulk, whats the other? Any preference of one vs the other for dirt or concrete? Need new tires bad!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

On asphalt and concrete i like the hulk or severe duty tire style, i find that they "slide" or skid better resulting in less bouncing of the machine/operator, they work excellent in dirt as well . I have a brand new set of severe dutys hanging around that i might just put on the sv300 this week...

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Another picture of the pickup at work, i much prefer to use the rolloff for moving equipment but when that truck is tied up this setup works great for the smaller stuff. On a side note the case developed a leak in the hydraulic lift cylinder. Looks to be a seal gone out. Dealership is sending a tech out tomorow and we will see. It is a very slow leak so in the mean time il keep using it.
Attached Images

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I really like that case. Got my first RFP for Pre-Position Emergency Contract-Sandbagging Operations. Going friday to get the specs on the amount of bags and where they want them pre-positioned at. Have to turn my bid in by May 14th.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome work Jacob, did you just send out a bunch of emails and get some requests back? I guess you could call it cold emailing? haaha

A.E.L

Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
Awesome work Jacob, did you just send out a bunch of emails and get some requests back? I guess you could call it cold emailing? haaha
Yep. almost 100 emails to every Parish(county) president, public works, emergency management etc.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Where did you buy them? My tire guy will install them but he doesnt have a source for the hulks.
Posted via Mobile Device