Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Demo tomorrow

I have a demo tomorrow for a 36 RH Wright stander. This mower will be the primary mower for the next trailer to start. I will take photos assuming all goes well with timing tomorrow.

I also have upcoming demos for 36 Scag Stander, 36 inch ferris evolution, and am working on a toro grandstand 36. I am interested in this machines and just wished Hustler made one. It should be interesting to see how this all works out.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Keep us posted on your thoughts on each.. and the price they are asking haha

I'm looking to add one that size as well.. I tried a Toro Grandstand out.. was a little iffy if your a big guy.. your body weight sits behind the rear tires instead of over like the Wright standers, etc
Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
Keep us posted on your thoughts on each.. and the price they are asking haha

I'm looking to add one that size as well.. I tried a Toro Grandstand out.. was a little iffy if your a big guy.. your body weight sits behind the rear tires instead of over like the Wright standers, etc
That is one of the reasons I do not own one now, I am too damn tall and big to use them all day myself I think, but we will see as I have talked to dozen of guys that swear by them. I personally do not see the attraction but I do like the fact they not as long a the Z's so I can get more room on the trailers and keep the trailers small. We will see.
The Wright is the one that has my attention because I have seen some folks get good speed on them in lawns and they seem to leave a good cut at those speeds.
The Scag is the dealer suggestion as he said he can get it cheaper to me than the wright....we will see.
The Evolution I know will be the cheapest as it has been at my dealers for awhile now with no movement and I have already got him down on his price to what I consider a very reasonable amount.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good deal. I am looking to add a 36 stander as well, I am thinking of making it a main mower for the second rig.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Good deal. I am looking to add a 36 stander as well, I am thinking of making it a main mower for the second rig.
Interesting. I started with a Hustler Mini Z 36 as my main mower down here, it was perfect as it allowed me the productivity I needed while not limiting me from doing the gated or small back lawns. I figured it would only make sense to start with a 36 for the second trailer and the wright standers in general seem to offer a quick and nimble mower while taking up less trailer room. Tomorrow will be the tell all if it is truly even a option.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Interesting. I started with a Hustler Mini Z 36 as my main mower down here, it was perfect as it allowed me the productivity I needed while not limiting me from doing the gated or small back lawns. I figured it would only make sense to start with a 36 for the second trailer and the wright standers in general seem to offer a quick and nimble mower while taking up less trailer room. Tomorrow will be the tell all if it is truly even a option.
Haha, when I first saw the post I knew it was going to be about a 36" stander....go with wright. I own one and it's great. I have heard the RH has issues...since you cut mainly at aug at one height, I would stick with the FD....they have 0% for 48 months too...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Haha, when I first saw the post I knew it was going to be about a 36" stander....go with wright. I own one and it's great. I have heard the RH has issues...since you cut mainly at aug at one height, I would stick with the FD....they have 0% for 48 months too...
Posted via Mobile Device
The demo is a RH - that is the one that I am most interested in as it does allow me to adjust if needed on the go with ease. What issues have you heard about the RH?
Financing should not be a issue as I am buying all the new stuff outright. I do not like having debt and that is part of the reason that I have limited my growth till now. Debt free is the place to be for me!

Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
The demo is a RH - that is the one that I am most interested in as it does allow me to adjust if needed on the go with ease. What issues have you heard about the RH?
Financing should not be a issue as I am buying all the new stuff outright. I do not like having debt and that is part of the reason that I have limited my growth till now. Debt free is the place to be for me!
I need the RH as well. I operated with a fixed deck walk behind for almost a year and hated it when I needed to adjust cutting height.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Chris, also how does the wright do with the cutting edge? What I am asking is does the deck extend beyond the wheel base so you can get close to a object without leaving a section of uncut grass that has to be trimmed?

The reason I ask is that the 36 Mini Z that I have now I love for what we use it for but the wheels are wider than the deck so it leaves a strip of grass along all surfaces we mow where as my 48 x one allows me to get pretty darn close to any obstruction such as a house and does not require as much as trimming.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Do any of these standers get up to to 5"+ height you mow at.. I have an 08 46"exmark zturn that only gets up to 4.25 then transport height.. and an 09 48" exmark zturn that gets up to 5.5" so im curious how the standers do since their is such a big difference even on the same brand zturns. Fixed deck wouldn't work for me.. we change heights too much