Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

some stuff from this week

so its been a bit slow around here so i decided to start on the volleyball court im donating to our church. I like to play volleyball and we have a good size youth group here so its nice to utilize the facilities we have available instead of trying to find vacant parks.

its an official size of 30x60 the only thing i didnt do was the 3' of sand depth that they called for. our average depth was 16" which is more than enough for how often we will use it. the church is covering materials so they couldnt afford the full out specs, and i dont blame them. all in all we excavated down, installed geotextile, then draintile in a herringbone that exits to that swale pictured that also collects the water from above/below the parking lot. we are lining that swale with 601d rip rap this week. after the drain tile and #57 gravel we put another layer of geotex then the sand on top of that. monday will be installing the 6x6 posts and she'll be good to go.

i was originally gonna rent an E80 but my other rental place called and said they got their 430 back in, so 150/day for the 430 compared to 450/day for an e80 was a no brainer, but i will say the e80 would have been much better for this much digging. all the dirt was hauled out with our 6500 to another part of the property in the woods as pictured.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man that truck is sexy! Nice work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I just saw your pics at 7 o-clock tonight, stood up, walked to my dump truck which was hooked up to the excavator, and drove the whole damn thing 10 miles and spent $12 at the car wash.... oh nice work on the vollyball court.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
I just saw your pics at 7 o-clock tonight, stood up, walked to my dump truck which was hooked up to the excavator, and drove the whole damn thing 10 miles and spent $12 at the car wash.... oh nice work on the vollyball court.
dont get me started. from being so busy, plus all the rain my silver dually is more of an off-charcoal color

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 07-14-2012, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

wtf. All the rain?! Send some up here would ya? All my lawns are a thorough, even shade of light brown!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice job on the Volleyball court and I really like that truck. On the rain we have been feast or famine. Was 110 degrees then we get rain for 7 days . The last 2 days we got almost 4 inches. My pond was down 3 feet , now it is almost full.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

we definitely need rain here bad. it was a bit cooler this week, mid to upper 80's compared to last but still without any rain the lawns are nice and brown. i have been adding hours to our 2 mowing guys to keep em happy b/c it took us forever to find good help.

i am most likely buying another company with contracted mowing accounts that should add some hours and give us some more cash flow to help out in this slow time. we are lucky to get 2 cuts per month for most customers.

even installs have slowed down which is why i started this project this week.

the truck is dusty as hell. with this dry weather even down deep the dirt was dry and had dust clouds forming with the excavation.

and another fun time, i will be replacing 3 idler wheel/axle assemblies on the rc100 soon. a bearing went on the front right assembly, and we had the rear left replaced about a year ago. she has alot of hours but for the work we do the mtl is the best setup for us. she just floated over that sand and for lawn installs the minimal damage is great.

if anyone has a lead on a good looking lower hr pt80 let me know. and a barn door kit for the truck is a must.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

some more pics of the dump area for the dirt, our tree staging area waiting to be split, old red and newer red, and my brothers grey 06 and my red 09

the maneuverability of the 6500 is awesome.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Pro touch, what is the GVW, and payload on your 6500?

Heres a pic of my rig after you made me have to wash it.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2012, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pro touch you have some nice trucks man! That back rack is awesome with the one with stacks.

4 seasons your international is pretty sweet also!