Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2014, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Carlton Stump Grinder and Equipment trailer

2007 Carlton SP7015TRX
Serial Number 1J9SH313X71167440

Flatbed trailer with a utility box on front

Stolen 12-29-13 Hiram GA

Info: STOLEN!! 2007 CARLTON STUMP GRINDER SP7015TRX. PLEASE REPORT ANY SOLICITATIONS FOR THE GRINDER SHOWN IN THE PICTURE BELOW. THIS GRINDER, AS WELL AS LARGE BLACK TRAILER, WAS STOLEN ON SUNDAY, DEC. 29TH FROM MS GOBER STOR-ALL IN HIRAM, GA.
EYE WITNESS REPORTS TWO WHITE MALES DRIVING BLACK TAHOE.
770-318-4005 OR 404-597-6249

Old 01-02-2014, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

There are very few of those for sale anywhere in the U.S. It will stick out like a sore thumb if they advertise it anywhere. You should contact Global Equipment Exporters in Acworth,Ga. They are one of the few dealers that typically have used stumpgrinders like this for sale. The thief might try to sell it to them. There is a large tree service forum where these big grinders show up for sale now and then. I don't know if I can mention it here, but will try.
It is called "arboristsite" It would be a great place to post about this loss. Also, use one of the search programs to search Craigslist nationwide every day or so.
I hope you get it back and the police get the nogoods who took it.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh, let the Carlton factory know what the serial number is. Then, if someone trys to order parts for it, using the S/N for reference, Carlton can let you know.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It was not mine, and I barely know a friend of the owner. It would be conspicuous, as there are not a lot of the big track stumpers out there. I'll bet some asxhat is scrapping it for steel or shipping it out of the country.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Recovered! This is just awesome! Social media played a big part in the find.

http://dallas-hiram.patch.com/groups...vered_f389d30e

Steve Coley, owner of Coley Stump Grinding, has recovered his expensive stump grinder, trailer and some tools which were stolen on Dec. 29. The crooks' vehicle was captured on video, driving off with between $45,000 to $50,000 worth of equipment.

This is the only machine Coley has and needs it to stay in business and support his wife and three children.

"I want thank everyone who shared this story on Facebook. My family and I are very grateful for all the help," Coley said after notifying Patch of the recovery. "Over 3,000 people liked and shared the article. My machine and trailer were recovered this morning probably because the thieves knew it was being looked for by so many people.

"I walked into the recovery office in Bartow County and told them who I was and that I was there to get the stump grinder," he continued. "The owner said he was glad I got it back, he had seen the story on Facebook. I've never met this man in my life but he knew about the black Tahoe stealing it last week thanks to people passing the word! Last week I showed the picture to an employee at a storage lot asking if she had seen it. She said "I just saw it on 'The Patch;' another person I didn't know who had shared the story.

"People are awesome! It's a great community we live in that's willing to help a complete stranger," Coley said. "I can't thank you all enough! There's some damage to the trailer and grinder but they can be repaired for much less than it would cost to replace them both."

Related Dallas-Hiram Patch story: