Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2003, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Nice try at changing the subject...
Old 02-18-2003, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

from organix: "you sound panicked man. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were here legally so who's the idiot now. "

Actually, several had overstayed their Visas and of course stating "to attend college" as your reason for entry on your Visa application while actually it was to plot mass destruction might be just a tiny bit illegal too.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bluesteel - I think I have actually lost your subject - what are you really trying to say ????
Have some people made competition to steep - Do you need to get more efficient to compete - Heck that rymes -

Thanks Brad
Old 02-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Suspended

LOL, that is funny!!!

I run a lean taught ship. Competition is groovy baby. I'm not 19 anymore, but I can still move around pretty good and love to sweat all day long. The only way someone is going to out-produce me is to cheat on quality, which isn't really out-producing. Job performance is job security. But, that's not the point!

The problem is, Scrub-LCO's are responsible (at least in part) to creating a flood of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Estimates are from 40,000 to 60,000 per month!!! That is a huge problem in and of itself. But that's not the point of this thread either!

The point is, that flood of humanity makes it VERY easy for terrorists to mix in and gain access to our country. Because the INS and Border Patrol is totally overwhelmed. So, with all the lame excuses for people using ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (not legal immigrants, political refugees, Okies, etc.), those Scab-LCO's are putting our way of life at risk so they can cheat their way to higher profit margins.

It seems that this community has no problem ripping an ex-Con, or a college kid, or a 15 year-old trying to work for some money. But when confronted with this form of Scabism, they mostly remain silent. So I'm proclaiming that there are three (maybe four) kinds of people that are not outraged by this problem: Idiots, Illegal Immigrants, Illegal Immigrant Employers, and the "maybes" are Illegal Immigrant Spouses, LOL. That's a good excuse to make a tax deduction of the cost of one of those Russian Mail-Order Brides!
Old 02-19-2003, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Scab?

Isn't Scab a term used by unions? I was of the understanding a "scab" was someone who is non-union working a union job. Blue just how is it you KNOW these companies are using illegal labor? Because they have brown skin? Just wondering.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:15 AM
Suspended

NC Big Daddy, nice try, but that attempt at changing the subject didn't work the first time someone tried it. Might try reading from the begining, instead of the end or middle.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Banned

There's too many illegal immigrants flooding the labor market. Without getting emotional or political it is simply not a good thing for our wages and the wages of those who work in our industry. It's like they're all scrub employees. Scrub businesses are illegal because they don't pay taxes, insurance, yada yada. Scrub employees also don't pay taxes on wages, etc. The scrubs that hire them are breaking many laws. This is not ok. It is unfair to those of us that do pay taxes, are insured, and so on. I have nothing against the immigrants themselves, they are very hard workers and good people for the most part, it's the non-enforcemnt of our laws and the bs that some people abide by it and some don't with no penalty while hurting those that do that pisses me off. Same with illegal pesticide applicators. It's the same thing. Cutting into the pockets of those who are honest and law abiding and paying for the privelge of being so. Pure crap if you ask me.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

NC, your right about the scabs. The term was first used to describe non-union members working union jobs durring ths strikes of the depression. WHY everyone says scabs i dont know.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Banned

I'll give you justification. Most multi million dollar lawn care, landscaping, garden centers, and nurseries use them. I have heard of some all working for one place and all had the same social security number. Give me a break, lets see your set up and I will decide who is a scrub.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bruce 32, as usual, some very thoughtful posts. The shear numbers of immigrants is staggering. what do people think? do we have never ending resources for all these illegal immigrants?

The USA needs to station troops at all our boarders and defend us against this invasion of our nation.

Michael Savage is right on the money on this one Boarders, Language, and Culture. This nation is in the fight of its life. I hope people wake up from their slumber before it's to late.