Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Why not just grade it out? Unless they must have it for aesthetics, i can't really think of a reason you need a wall that small. More trouble than its worth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks zedo, took me a few times reading to get what ya meant. but i got it now and appreciate the tips!

allday- the idea of grading it out had crossed my mind to mention to them. But I think Ill wait and see what they say after i shoot them a price on the rebuild. The wall was already on the property when they moved in. the previous owner went to town with flagstone structures all over. I think they probably just figured it could easily be re-stacked, but i know if its going to last i have to do it right and i'm going to let them decide if they want to pay for that or not. If its too high for them, ill suggest grading it out. Part of me wants to price both and give the option, but i dont want to sound like im trying to stear them in another direction from what they wanted.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you can make money grading it out i would rather sell that. Once they see the price of that wall done right plus seeding etc they will love you for getting rid of it in a half day.
They probably think its a couple hour repair. Go meet them with a # for grading in mind so when they balk you can recover.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

id rather grade it out too personally. I'll have that number handy in the event the wall build is too pricey. theyve spent some money with me last year, and they arent cheap so i may still be building a wall. we'll see i gotta put pen to paper and crunch some numbers this week.