Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #121  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Richard Martin's Avatar
Richard Martin Richard Martin is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 14,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
most people up here use the bezel method. but as far as I understand continual edging is more necessary in the south because of the grass types. I have thought about trying trimmer edging.
I edged weekly when I lived in Maryland too. Tall fescue, Bermuda and some Zoysia were the predominate turfs.
__________________
Serving Greenville, Winterville and Ayden NC



Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I edged weekly when I lived in Maryland too. Tall fescue, Bermuda and some Zoysia were the predominate turfs.
Not really an option here. Right now I am seeing 2" of lateral growth and 4" inches vertical in just a weeks time with southern turf. Stick edging only. A string trimmer would use a spool of line in one yard and take a lot of extra time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Not really an option here. Right now I am seeing 2" of lateral growth and 4" inches vertical in just a weeks time with southern turf. Stick edging only. A string trimmer would use a spool of line in one yard and take a lot of extra time.
Posted via Mobile Device
wow. did not know anything could grow lateral that fast. what type is it? not much of anything here other than kbg and fiscuse. if i trim it at an angle across the pavement into the grass the grass never grows across the pavement. at that point edging is just for aesthetics.

i'v thought about doing the edging with a trimmer thing to help stand out. but i dunno.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
wait why do you prefer Scag? I thought you owned a Bobcat that mowed the first American Colonies
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
wow. did not know anything could grow lateral that fast. what type is it? not much of anything here other than kbg and fiscuse. if i trim it at an angle across the pavement into the grass the grass never grows across the pavement. at that point edging is just for aesthetics.

i'v thought about doing the edging with a trimmer thing to help stand out. but i dunno.
Bermuda and St. Augustine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 PM
weeze's Avatar
weeze weeze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: weezertonfieldville, AL
Posts: 5,405
i cut a yard with carpet grass one time and it would have stringers a foot long over the driveway and sidewalk within 2 weeks.

that's good grass though. you don't even have to treat it and it keeps the weeds out all by itself since it grows so thick.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 PM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,912
Did i tell you guy's he fired me again?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
wait why do you prefer Scag? I thought you owned a Bobcat that mowed the first American Colonies
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
Did i tell you guy's he fired me again?

When are you gonna quit going back for more?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,912
shrugs. 20 bucks is 20 bucks. course, when i showed up "his wife was out and had the money"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
wait why do you prefer Scag? I thought you owned a Bobcat that mowed the first American Colonies
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 05-10-2013, 12:17 PM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,912
when set on 4.5 inches the front of the blade is at 4.5 rear 4

when on 3 inches
front is 2.75
rear 2.25

how do I fix this? toro z master

thanks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
wait why do you prefer Scag? I thought you owned a Bobcat that mowed the first American Colonies
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 PM
weeze's Avatar
weeze weeze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: weezertonfieldville, AL
Posts: 5,405
it's bass ackwards.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Page generated in 0.07486 seconds with 8 queries