Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTenterprises View Post
I refer you back to the "things you aren't putting up with this year" thread. This is a perfect example. This is the type of customer I reserve the term Yard Tard. I don't like using the latter half because it is offensive and just plain mean, especially to those who it hits home with. .. but. If you've done this work for more than a few years, you'll come across all sorts of idiots and clowns. Just move on. There are better customers down the street.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea. i know what you mean. i think his grass will be ok because i think he is goign to over water it. i might go a tad under 2.5 till i have other lawns needing my walk behind.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
Yea. i know what you mean. i think his grass will be ok because i think he is goign to over water it. i might go a tad under 2.5 till i have other lawns needing my walk behind.
Honestly, he probably won't know the difference at 2.5 unless he's out there with a tape measure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2013, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTenterprises View Post
Honestly, he probably won't know the difference at 2.5 unless he's out there with a tape measure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hope so. i mow day after tomorow and have 1 month to make it look good enough e wants to keep paying for it.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
mainly because its fiscuse and kbg which do not grow over the pavement as much as southern grasses.
I'm in Missouri and most of my lawns are fescues, 9 out of 10 are edged. I personally would rather edge the cool season grasses.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Guy called and dropped me today. guess he foudn someone thatl do it for 50 a month at 2 inches. i hop his grass burns and looks like crap. maybe he will call me
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Guy called and dropped me today. guess he foudn someone thatl do it for 50 a month at 2 inches. i hop his grass burns and looks like crap. maybe he will call me
How old are you?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

30. and yes. i want his grass to look like crap as most likely it will cutting that low in michigan and not giving it enough water. and wants to come back to me to do the work properly.

there are others that can tell you people went to a different person who would do it cheaper and incorrectly and eventualy came back to them when the other guy screwed up his lawn
Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

oh. and yea. my typing sucks. thats what rpg's do to you. i'm probably typing too fast to begin with. can do a keypad at 200 strokes per second with 0 errors. used to anyway
Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't get this at all. Mowing heights for virtually all major grass varieties are comfortably in the 1.5 - 3 inch range with reel mowers, and 1.75 - 3 inch with rotary. For many athletic fields, 2 inches is optimal in terms of wear tolerance. I often cut at 2" for lawns that don't get morning sun, to help ventilate the dew away, and prevent fungus. In the heat of midsummer, 3-4 inches is probably better, but even then, it depends on the lawn. No reason to refuse to do 2 inches, it is a perfectly reasonable request. However, if the purpose is to cut every other week, at which point the grass may have reached 4 inches, that is another matter. Clearly, removing that much top growth is detrimental to the lawn. Even then, as long as the customer if informed of, and assumes the risk of a bad result, I would have no problem doing it if that's what they want. Times are tough at there for a lot of folks, and if they want to cut their lawn care bill in half, I'm fine with helping them get there.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Member

200 strokes per second that is a special talent, are you sure you are working the right job?