Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2013, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

1st post on lawnsite!

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around on this site for a while, but it figured it was time for me to post something. I'm 13 now, Started by business when I was 10, With A sub $200 electric mower working for $5/hr, 3 years later, I have about 24 full time clients ranging from $25 - $200 and awesome stihl and husqvarna gear. I'm still A VERY small business and I'm busting my ass 24/7, but I'm always looking for ways to grow, and I'm hoping to own a 42" walk behind by the end of the season If everything goes as planned. We'll see how that goes. I'll post some pictures of my stuff soon.

Thanks,
Myles

Wack-A-Weed lawn care
Husqvarna 150BT Backpack blower
Black and Decker Hedge trimmer - electric
Various hand tools and rakes.

Die hard stihl fan.

2002 Volvo v70 - No trailer

Yeah, it's a small operation.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Member

have fun and work hard, all your buddies will wish they put in the time when you can buy yourself a nice car and take a girl out!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow just 13 ,Sounds like you got a strong work ethic. Wait till you get your licenses and your world will grow. From reading your post you sound much older. My 13yo types in text form. Most important is to make sure education is first .Knowledge mixed with motivation are the two best tools ,too succeeded .
Old 04-15-2013, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks stevo! I work as hard as I can, and I do enjoy the work, and I can't wait until i get my license, pretty much my only limiting factor right now is my transportation.
Husqvarna 150BT Backpack blower
Black and Decker Hedge trimmer - electric
Various hand tools and rakes.

Die hard stihl fan.

2002 Volvo v70 - No trailer

Yeah, it's a small operation.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go buddy. Best advice I can think of is maintain integrity in your work ethic. Meaning do the best job you can do even when no one is around and it's Friday, 100 degrees and you have to hurry up to go hang out with your buddy's. Your customers will see this and be surprised that a young man is busting his butt while most guys his age are hanging out and begging mom and dad for $20 for a new video game.

Also, stay the course with your pricing...which means to be firm with your pricing and ensure you are pricing at lest at the average for every lawn. By the time you're 18 you'll have several employees and you may not have to push a mower, but still run the show.

Good luck man.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Keep up the good work man, all my buddies kids your age, won't even take out the trash much less work as hard as you do. You got a good head on your shoulders, stay the course with work and school and it will pay off for you big in the long run. You got my respect young man.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Man all I have to say is you got goals and drive kid you'll make it wish I had the drive you did at that age wouldn't just be starting my business at the age of 30. Good luck out there lil buddy and keep up the good work.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm Impressed!

At such a young age, your successful and motivated. It's very impressive. You remind me alot of my younger brother who did the same thing except he was just doing it for extra money on the side during the summers. Always stay focused on your goals. Always give 100% in school as well, theres nothing better then a knowledgable successful person. I hope your business grows more as you get older! Good Luck!!