Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-17-2015, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

covering face when working

So I wear a wide brimmed hat with a rear flap and that keeps the sun off me during the day, but when the sun is low it still hits my cheeks obviously. I've seen guys completely wrap their face until nothing but their eyes show. I was wondering how many wear a bandana in addition to a hat? Anyone have any other methods? I think a bandana might be a little more reasonable than wrapping my face cause at least I can just pull it down if I need to talk to someone.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I use a jafari hat - wide brimmed and has a flappy piece that covers the back of my neck. I tie two ends of the bandana together so it fits on the top of my head like a crown and the other side falls over my neck. I'm well covered.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustwantausername View Post
Yeah I use a jafari hat - wide brimmed and has a flappy piece that covers the back of my neck. I tie two ends of the bandana together so it fits on the top of my head like a crown and the other side falls over my neck. I'm well covered.
I was thinking of using it to cover my face up and I can cover my nose and cheeks too. I'm starting to think the brim isn't wide enough on the hat I wear it's only as wide as a ball cap brim so I don't know. My face is red after a day of work, but then the next morning it will look fine.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I like wearing my buff head wear. It's kinda like a bandana that can be worn many different ways. It also keeps you cool during the hot days or summer.

http://buffusa.com/
Posted via Mobile Device