Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Yesterday we went out to do a clean up. We unloaded and took a walk around the property to see what we had.
The lady had let me know that she had gotten a big dog and there were a lot of toys and stick to pick up. Which there were but there was also a lot of dog crap. I called here and let her know that we could pick up the stick and leaves in the yard where there was no dog crap. She got mad and said well don't bother.
It bothers me that she got mad. We have done nothing but excellent work for here in the past.In my mind this is like asking your plumber to paint your bath room because he's in there.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-2 Lawncare View Post
Yesterday we went out to do a clean up. We unloaded and took a walk around the property to see what we had.
The lady had let me know that she had gotten a big dog and there were a lot of toys and stick to pick up. Which there were but there was also a lot of dog crap. I called here and let her know that we could pick up the stick and leaves in the yard where there was no dog crap. She got mad and said well don't bother.
It bothers me that she got mad. We have done nothing but excellent work for here in the past.In my mind this is like asking your plumber to paint your bath room because he's in there.
People are just ignorant fools anymore when it comes to pets. They treat them like humans. She expected you to clean up dog crap? I would have said something like "since when does being in the lawn care business involve scooping manure. Drop her, put on the do not call back list.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Several years ago I was trimming for a family with a big dog who left what big dogs leave in yards. I guess my mind was wandering and I wasn't paying close enough attention...anyway, never once since that day have I had the Stihl trimmer running wide open at the same time my mouth was open even a little.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshack Lawn Care View Post
Several years ago I was trimming for a family with a big dog who left what big dogs leave in yards. I guess my mind was wandering and I wasn't paying close enough attention...anyway, never once since that day have I had the Stihl trimmer running wide open at the same time my mouth was open even a little.
I hope you told the slobs about that.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
I hope you told the slobs about that.
Nah. I hate to admit it...but it was a pro-bono account for two years while he was in Afghanistan. It took me longer to drive to her house than it did to mow and trim. On the cool side, when he returned he gave me his unit medallion as his way of saying thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm picking my own customers!

I am just starting my lawn business out,right now I'm doing it on my off days from my regular job until I retire in a few weeks.Anyways I have a friend who is giving me a customer or two...he sent me to this property to cut....When i got there i saw landmines all over the place.When I got home I spent 1 1/2 hours cleaning my mower and deck.My wife called me that night at work and told me the garage smell like KAAKAA.....I HAVE TO PARK MY LAWN TRAILER IN THE GARGAGE BECAUSE....I live in a deed restrict neighborhood.So I am no longer gonna go back to that customer,two days later my garage and marriage is back to normal.From this point on...I get my own customers...
Old 05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've dropped customers bc of excessive dog crap. I've found they are the trashy types anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I don't feel bad,I thought I was gonna hear LCO 's saying its a must....lol...
Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Everyone has their opinion...and there really aren't too many suburban FRONT lawns that are immune to a rogue dogpile from some friggin' dogwalker/wanker. So if you're one to throw a hissy fit about some dogcrap...what do you do when you encounter one of these rogue piles in a front lawn...knowing the homeowners are dogless? Do you fire them while stomping around like a little girl? Do you mow around it leaving a huge tuft of uncut grass? Chit happens...and I wanna hear about your procedures for a rogue pile!

Me? If the fenced-in backyard is small I'll pick 'it' up prior to mowing for $10 additional. What better time to pick it up than just before mowing.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Valk we are talking about tons of chit all over a yard everywhere you step NOTa "rogue" pile. Get over yourself talking about stomping around like a little girl. ....
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread

Tags
charge , dog , money , poop