Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

New Saw - No Dust!

Just purchased one of these this morning (IQ360 by IQ Power Tools) and we're using on the job right now. Man! I've been looking for something like this for years! I've seen some of the ones posted online here before but the price point was very high and it seemed pretty bulky. I found this one locally at my paver supplier and it is very compact, super easy to use and so far we haven't had any dust come out of the saw at all! It's pretty amazing how well it works. Cost me $2200 with the saw, table, cart, blade, and all.

We bought it mainly because there is no dust, if you use it properly. But the other nice thing is the cutting blade is manufactured by this same company and is 50% more quiet than your normal 14" masonry blade and doesn't need to be wet. Cuts pretty quickly totally dry.

I found some videos on YouTube on this thing. The first video doesn't show the table or the cart that it comes with. )I highly recommend getting both if you buy one of these). Especially the cart). The second video is hard to hear but the display unit they have there is see-through so you can see how it handles the dust.

This is the first paver job I've done where we have no dust to clean up. This is going to be nice! Hopefully this machine is built to last. They assured me it was. I guarantee my 3 install crews will be fighting over who gets this each week! Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2k9R624JbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9gCREpmOnA

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 04-25-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

did the blond come with it
Old 04-25-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

LOL. Nope. I already got me one of them. And one is all I need.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Glad you like it! We were pretty impressed by it too- we were 2 booths down at the GIE/HNA show, and never heard it or had any dust residue, but they were cutting the whole show.

Contractors have been a little hesitant, as it is a new company and saw, but so far the reviews like yours have been very positive.

The Silent core blades have been around for years, but generally used in Granite and Marble cutting. Again, they are a little more expensive than your average blade, but they are very quiet and have a good life.

Jim- you got an AMAZING deal on it- keep us posted.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, I know. I think the regular price on everything (machine, cart, table, saw) is more like $2800. They had a special going today because they're trying to get the word out and it was a today-only price. It was perfect timing because we needed another saw anyway. I'm a little more apt to take chances on new stuff than most contractors are anyway. But when I saw it cutting in person I was sold.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback on the saw. I saw it at a show recently and was impressed but wanted to hear about real use. I thinking about buying one too.
61" Wright zk
ASV SR 70
Takeuchi 135
Kubota 7610 40" rotadarion
20' enclosed 10k lawncare trailer
18' aluminum 12k equipment trailer
35hp Giant Vac leaf loader
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I made a video on my cell phone of how the saw works. Just gotta figure out how to get the video onto my laptop and then post it here. Once I figure that out (and have the time to do it) I'll post that video. The guys really like the photo. The biggest challenge so far was teaching certain crew members to use it correctly. If you don't use it per the instructions, it will still create a lot of dust. Some people just stick with old habits. You have to train them and then follow up to see that they are actually using it correctly. Other than that, it's been great so far. We've used is 2 days now.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

the price for an electric saw is rather on the high side. I don't think I've ever paid that much for a gas saw with a stand.

OSHA(?) has been in the works of cracking down on dust from concrete cutting equipment for a number of years now, there's gonna be even more stuff on the market

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Member

True...between being new to the Market, and new Technology, it's been a tough sell...that's why word of mouth is the way it's selling now.

They are working on a gas version, but with indoor air requirements, it's been a little tougher.

But then again DVS, the way you look for-and seem to get- deals on everything, I'm starting to think you go grocery shopping with a shotgun! lol
Old 05-01-2013, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It was well worth it for me. Our guys prefer our electric saws over the gas ones anyway. The gas ones are constantly breaking down, getting clogged filters, and other problems. But the biggest thing with this one was the no-dust. I love that feature. So much less clean up.

I've had several jobs over the last year or two where we had to go clean off the customer's whole yard when we were done, because of all the dust everywhere. With 2 jobs we did, I had to go clean off the NEIGHBOR'S yard or deck. One of them I had to pay my friend who owns a power washing business to go over and power wash off the neighbor's deck, back patio, and siding - just to make the neighbor happy. That cost me $400.00. Just because our crews were all booked up and had to get to the next job. We're constantly losing money (labor) by having to clean up saw dust. This machine was well worth it, to me. Because it will eliminate all those problems.