Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Wright Stander 52 Rapid Height issue...

I was cutting some lawns today for the first time with the 2009 Stander 52" rapid height with 19hp kawi and 550 hours that I picked up on craigslist. While cutting with the blades on I was noticing that for a split second it seems like the engine is going to cut out or hesitate like maybe how it would if your feet were to jump off the platform and back on or like running out of gas except I was firmly on the platform and I had a full tank of gas. It did this maybe 3 times during 1 hour of cutting. It was so quick that i didn't notice any loss of power or anything. Other than that it cuts great and i really like it.

Last edited by Cut It Close; 04-10-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Could be a loose wire, OP switch going bad or out of adjustment......
Wright Sentar Sport 52/19
Custom built bagging system
Lesco 36/13 WB
Billygoat 18hp truckloader
Bluebird plugger
Lesco split drive plugger
Lesco stainless steel spreader
Stihl BR600
Echo PB-620
assortment of chainsaws,weedeaters,hedge trimmers,sprayers and such
Old 04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

Agree with WJC, check all the harness connections and grounds for a loose connection or a connection with corrosion. Also find the blade delay module up by the dash, it acts on the ignition system as part of the operator presence system and it has debris in the connection it only takes a little moisture to make it bridge contacts and possibly is tripping the coils. Does it only do it when the blades are running?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I looked at the harnesses and they all look clean and new like. I do notice when I start the engine it cranks then stops then cranks and starts don't know if its related. Is there any where's else other than the dash area I should be looking at for loose or dirty connections? It really is a nice mower. I mowed yesterday with it with no issues. I was thinking maybe my feet were on the edge of the platform to cause this. So I was conscious to keep them on the whole platform. We'll see.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

Footplate bounce could cause it but if it has the blade delay module it shouldn't as that is why that is in the harness. What is the serial on the mower? Did you find the blade delay module?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

pull the blade delay module out and clean it well, it's a little circuit board looking thing. i have to clean mine regularly during leaf cleanup season
Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Member

S/N is 49407. I actually think it's my foot placement after all. I just started using Standers this season so I'm still getting use to them. I will check the delay module just in case. Both standers were doing it. But I've made an effort to keep my feet in place so now no issues.The 2004 36" seems it's more sensitive when I move my feet around.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

The RH will have the blade delay but the 2004 36" will not, if light enough on the footplate the delay will allow the presence system to get tripped as the footplate is off the switch, where footplate bounce is more related to rough terrain then footplate pressure and is usually temporary so the delay stops the presence system from trying to shut the mower down. The 2004 36" is more prone to shutting down from being light on the footplate because its switch is in the right front corner of the footplate where the RH switch is in the center of the footplate.

Best Regards
Wrigth Mfg.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The older models without the spring platform I find to be a little more sensitive with the OPC switch because they can bounce. Could be a combination of getting use to it and a sensitive switch. Might be worth looking into because if it does fail when your out that will suck big time.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

After almost a week now cutting with these machines I can say that I believe it is a matter of getting use to standing on them and not a technical issue. But all the advise on here was great.