Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
I agree with you. Don't feel bad, people act like I'm crazy and have no clue what I'm doing all the time on here. I'm getting pretty tired of it. When I first came here years ago I felt like there was alot to be learned on this site where we all have some things in common. But now there seems to just be trolls and people who make themselves feel better by knocking you for trying to build a business
Posted via Mobile Device
don't worry about it man. it's just things are different from area to area. i used to live in woodstock close to where you are. i live in alabama now. the rules or fees and requirements in alabama are nowhere near the same they are in the northeast or even in atlanta for that matter.

people from a different area don't understand this because they aren't used to it. if i went to the northeast i would probably think being in this industry was a waste of time since they have alot more rules and regulations to follow.

here you can dump debris for free just about anywhere. we have city workers that pick up stuff by the street like limbs, grass clippings, or whatever for free.

it's just 2 different worlds. that's why we do things so differently.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your right! Also they don't take in the cost of living. Where I live and you used to, we have some of the lowest living prices in the country. I watch these home shows all the time on tv, and people up north buy these homes for 500,000 and 600,000 and I could by the same size house for 185,000 down here. 500,000 dollar house in Woodstock is a mansion. I bet that's why people think we don't make any money or are pricing it to cheap because they are comparing our prices with theirs, which would be to cheap for them in their area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah houses are a big difference. you can get a house here for $75k that cost $250k up north.

$50k a year here is upper middle class and up north that's what a part time worker at mcdonalds makes almost.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly. So I wish people from different area will keep this mind, to save confusion. Someone who washes cars here makes 7.50 an hour but up north the make 79,000 a year. The difference is the cost of living, because 79,000 up there may you be a normal income but you could live pretty good down here on the income. Have a good day
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
Exactly. So I wish people from different area will keep this mind, to save confusion. Someone who washes cars here makes 7.50 an hour but up north the make 79,000 a year. The difference is the cost of living, because 79,000 up there may you be a normal income but you could live pretty good down here on the income. Have a good day
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I think a lot of people forget about that. Things are a lot cheaper down here. Like you said, around here, $500k will get you a 5k sq ft house with lots of nice appointments (trim, cabinets, floors, landscaping, etc)