Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2013, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Close call at Mcdonalds

After servicing one of my larger clients i pulled into Mcdonalds for some lunch. A car pulled right in front of my truck and 2 teenage kids a little younger than me got out and stood by their car. I went inside, and was in line, they came in a minute or so later. I was waiting for my order and i noticed they kept looking over at me, I got my food, went to the drink machine, and when i turned around they were both outside. One was standing near the door, the other was making his way to my trailer. I walked out, they immediately turned around, and walked away. I know without a doubt they would have tried to grab a hand helds or gas jugs.
echo trimmer
echo backpack blower
Ford F350
9 residential accounts, 1 commercial
Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Close call at Mcdonalds

Little bastids. I had 2 br600 bp blowers lifted at McDonald's. sent a guy there to pick up drinks for everyone since it was closer than a store and hotter than heck that day. He pulled in was the only person inside. So he wasn't there 5 minutes got back to car dealership we were ready to blow off lot and realize blowers were gone. So had to run and buy 2 so we could clean up lot. Went to McDonald's and a camera was pointing right where he parked but they wouldn't show me the film without police. Gave up figured I'd cut my losses and by the time I met deductibles wouldn't get much back and figured insurance rate would go up. I would like to catch em with their hands in my truck
Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashlawn01 View Post
Little bastids. I had 2 br600 bp blowers lifted at McDonald's. sent a guy there to pick up drinks for everyone since it was closer than a store and hotter than heck that day. He pulled in was the only person inside. So he wasn't there 5 minutes got back to car dealership we were ready to blow off lot and realize blowers were gone. So had to run and buy 2 so we could clean up lot. Went to McDonald's and a camera was pointing right where he parked but they wouldn't show me the film without police. Gave up figured I'd cut my losses and by the time I met deductibles wouldn't get much back and figured insurance rate would go up. I would like to catch em with their hands in my truck
That had to have sucked. Believe me, if I saw them taking something, they would have regret it.
echo trimmer
echo backpack blower
Ford F350
9 residential accounts, 1 commercial
Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Close call at Mcdonalds

You got that right. Me or them would have had a bad day
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Locking racks guys. I know its a small pita, but can you afford to lose anything when your busy. Cable locks for gas cans or greentouch racks. Save up for that enclosed. Thievery is at all time high.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-28-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Close call at Mcdonalds

Have all locks but was in a hurry. Lesson learned. This year I got enclosed trailer so while we are working I know it's safe. Always keep it locked
Old 05-30-2013, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Locking racks guys. I know its a small pita, but can you afford to lose anything when your busy. Cable locks for gas cans or greentouch racks. Save up for that enclosed. Thievery is at all time high.
Posted via Mobile Device
Locking racks are a great idea. But guess what? My equipment got stolen from a locking rack--the crooks cut the rack off the trailer.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Concealed Carry Permit !!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had blowers stolen also! You have to lock everything and one guy working in the front and one in the rear. I've heard of people working by themselves in the back of a home and come to the from to find the whole truck gone!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
I've had blowers stolen also! You have to lock everything and one guy working in the front and one in the rear. I've heard of people working by themselves in the back of a home and come to the from to find the whole truck gone!!
Posted via Mobile Device
This is true.