Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-08-2013, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

here are a few tree removal shots. the stumps are going to get torn out as soon as the backhoe is free. we will also be replanting the whole front of the house and mulching and also pricing an irigation system. so we are gonna be busy here for a while.
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

some stripes.

the last 1 is of a big excavation/ hardscape job we will be doing, going to tier that hill and do an all natural stone wall with flat stones from the site to extend the front lawn with a natural stone staircase, and do a large flower bed on the second tier. should be a nice long project somewhere in the nieghborhood of 40k (only pictured about 1/4 of the hill. its about 110' wide and slopes down about 60') so stay tuned for that not sure when we will start yet.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

can you please give us a detailed review and pics of the Hustler. How did you like it compared to the Deere?? how was the durability of the Deere?? And do you think you could put over 1,000 hours on the Hustler without problems???

14 Years old
Old 05-11-2013, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hated that Deere mower, after owning it the short amount of time I did (58 hrs. I believe) I would never buy another john Deere mower or recommend anyone buy one. I honestly don't have one good thing to say about it, the parking brake was terrible and also in a bad location, it had no power, and it was a huge. the deck control didn't lend itself to be used while mowing (couldn't float the deck over obstacles) and the deck height adjustment sucked. it also had so many safety sensors you had to do like a 20 point inspection before you got off the thing to grab a piece of trash while mowing. Its finish cut was terrible in my opinion. the best thing about that mower was that I sold it for $200 more than I paid for it. as far as durability of the Deere i cannot answer that as i only ran it for like 58 hours.

as for hustler, it is much simpler than the Deere, the integrated parking brake is awesome. it is way overpowered cuts good leaves a very nice stripe I only wish that it had slightly wider drive tires. but it is a smooth machine its great on hills. I really just love the simplicity of it. and honestly i think it would be fine for 1000+ hrs. the only real downfall in my opinion is only air-cooled carb engines, my next zero turn will probably be a turf tiger EFI unless hustler starts putting EFI engines in the mowers.

As far as pictures of the hustler what would you like pictures of?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some more work pics and 1 of the barn packed full
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2013, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

How does that thing stripe so damn good?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Member

The first few pics, how did you get such defined stripes? What kind of blend is that the client requested?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

to get the stripes that defined first the mower needs to put down a pretty good stripe, second is making sure the sun is hitting the stripes at the right angle and they just pop.

that lawn is lesco 50-30-20 mix, 50% KBG 30% fine fescue 20% Rye at my cost its like $97 per 50lbs. it is also taken care of by a dedicated fertilizer company
Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

here are some more pics from the job i posted pics of a couple weeks back
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzy View Post
to get the stripes that defined first the mower needs to put down a pretty good stripe, second is making sure the sun is hitting the stripes at the right angle and they just pop.

that lawn is lesco 50-30-20 mix, 50% KBG 30% fine fescue 20% Rye at my cost its like $97 per 50lbs. it is also taken care of by a dedicated fertilizer company
Thank you very much sir. I have a Scag Tiger Cat and it stripes my crappy yards full of weeds where the customer only wants a mow and cares less about the grass. I will try to find a company that keeps that around. Thank you again. Nice pics by the way.