Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 AM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseepowerstroke View Post
Three days and still waiting for a response from Exmark Tech Support. Thanks for the replies. As one poster said, I can only believe it is a heat issue. Please feel free to offer suggestions.
Hang in there...
Exmark produces some of the best mowers in the industry and has some of the brightest engineers on their payroll..
Customer service departments are usually a pipeline to direct people to one of their authorized dealers..
Every large corporation has smiley people answering their phones offering hopeful advice.
Unfortunately...the ones that can give you solid advice....work in another department...
BTW...if they doled out tech advice on an open forum....their dealer lines would overload with complaints...
__________________
If You Have All The Answers...Except The One You Need...You're Not Trying Hard Enough...
Do The Work
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Exmark PR Exmark PR is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska
Posts: 230
Send your contact information, model number, and serial number, to exmarkpr@exmark.com and we will have someone follow up with you today.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Breezmister's Avatar
Breezmister Breezmister is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Hang in there...
Exmark produces some of the best mowers in the industry
I would agree with that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
and has some of the brightest engineers on their payroll..
I see you have never had to replace a damper on a 2011 Lazer

See tagline
__________________
.
Masters Degree in Thinking Out Side Of The Box,Graduate of the MacGyver Institute of Ingenuity

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:24 AM
Tennesseepowerstroke Tennesseepowerstroke is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mt. Juliet TN
Posts: 321
Well after 4 days and no returned calls, I finally got a rep today. "Joe" said the reason the Mobil 1 was turning black was because Mobil changed the formula. I was advised to switch to the Exmark hydraulic fluid, which I was previously advised not to use in my 2008 pumps, and I could double the service interval to 400 hours. I was advised that it is okay to mix the fluids. Does anyone else have experience mixing these fluids? I am in the market for a new mower but have my doubts about another Exmark after this experience. Does anyone have a positive experience with another manufactures tech support services? I am currently looking at Gravely, Bobcat and Scag eqipment.
__________________
Ford F350 4X4 & Ford Ranger
Exmark Lazer AS 60" 28hp Leakersaki err Kawasaki
John Deere GS30
John Deere 14PZ
Honda HRC 216
Shindaiwa T270, M231 Muliti-Tool & EB802 Stihl MS230 CBE
Echo 210s
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseepowerstroke View Post
Well after 4 days and no returned calls, I finally got a rep today. "Joe" said the reason the Mobil 1 was turning black was because Mobil changed the formula. I was advised to switch to the Exmark hydraulic fluid, which I was previously advised not to use in my 2008 pumps, and I could double the service interval to 400 hours. I was advised that it is okay to mix the fluids. Does anyone else have experience mixing these fluids? I am in the market for a new mower but have my doubts about another Exmark after this experience. Does anyone have a positive experience with another manufactures tech support services? I am currently looking at Gravely, Bobcat and Scag eqipment.
Not buying it. Too many guys including myself running Mobil 1 15w-50 with our fluid not turning black.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 AM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Not buying it. Too many guys including myself running Mobil 1 15w-50 with our fluid not turning black.
Hmmmm...I smell a fish....
We run Mobil 1 15/50 in all our mowers...it aint turnin black..
Mobil didnt change their formula for making 15W50...
Im wondering if Exmark altered something in their hydro system hose materials or filters that reacts adversely to regular Mobil 1.???
It sure would make it easier to sell their own brand of hydro fluid...wouldnt it...??
Reminds me of the old Ajax commercial...shakes out white...turns blue...
__________________
If You Have All The Answers...Except The One You Need...You're Not Trying Hard Enough...
Do The Work
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Hmmmm...I smell a fish....
We run Mobil 1 15/50 in all our mowers...it aint turnin black..
Mobil didnt change their formula for making 15W50...
Im wondering if Exmark altered something in their hydro system hose materials or filters that reacts adversely to regular Mobil 1.???
It sure would make it easier to sell their own brand of hydro fluid...wouldnt it...??
Reminds me of the old Ajax commercial...shakes out white...turns blue...
Wouldn't doubt it at all. I used the Exmark fluid for my hydro fluid change last year. One month later lost a pump, coincidence? I think so. Regardless I switched back to Mobil 1 just for the fact I get it for about $5 a quart when buying the 5 quart jug and being able to get it anytime vs $8 plus a quart and having to go to the dealer.

Wondering since Exmark has their own hydro fluid does Toro as well?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,012
Did a little research. So Toro does have their own hydro fluid now called HYPR-OIL 500, no doubt the same stuff as the Exmark Premium Hydro Fluid. In Toro's manuals they are saying to use the HYPR-OIL or 20w-50 engine oil.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Bo Jack Bo Jack is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: midwest
Posts: 27
Maybe give the pump manufacture a call and talk with there tech people.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 AM
djagusch djagusch is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 3,474
Anybody just talk to their dealer? Seems like they would see mfg's issues locally. Usually they have a tech line number different then consumers also.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.07572 seconds with 7 queries