Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-19-2015, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat T650 vs Case TR320

Hey, everyone! My husband has always been a Bobcat fan; we have had 4 of them and rarely had issues. Fast forward to 3 years ago, we bought a new T190 and this thing is a POS (and has been from the get-go). Now, we are wanting a new machine. Asked Bobcat about a trade-in on it (they have done extensive warranty work on this machine; rebuilt left side track and parts, drive motor has gone out, hydraulics have gone out, etc; major issues) and they said because of the issues, they won't even give us payoff (which was financed at .9% for 60 months); yet, we have never paid for any of this work, because everything wrong with the machine has been warranty stuff (that should have never torn up to begin with). Hubby is ticked! Not to mention, that because BC is territorial, other dealers nearby won't talk to us about selling us a new machine. I have since found out that the price they are quoting us on the T650 is $63k with no attachments.

Which leads me to my question: the Case dealer, who is trying to earn our biz has offered us a TR320 for about $15k less than BC on the T650 (with a 78in bucket as well). He knows my hubby is mad at BC and the reasons why we are thinking about leaving BC. (And, yes, I have that price in writing already). My only question (and I have read reviews while pouring thru these forums); should I be concerned that Case is so much lower cost than BC? Is there a reason? Should I expect major repairs with the Case? It seems like a well built machine, but I wanted to ask. Would you pay the additional $15k for the T650 or try out the TR320? I know it is a subjective question, but was wondering if anyone else had also experienced that great of a price difference btw the companies.

Thanks everyone for reading my long-winded questions and explanations. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've got no experience with case so I can't comment on that..

But I think I'd go to a general manager about not helping you out with your lemon. And if he doesn't help go above his head.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-20-2015, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Talk to cat. They have been great to us ! They will beat the 650 price and if the take the bobcat trade the will just send it to auction vs trying to put it on the lot so to speak
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2015, 06:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a TR320 early 2012 model. There have been some control handle issues. The new CASE machines are selling with a 3 year 3K warranty so you have that. The TR320 has been replaced by the TR340 so the machine they are wanting to sell you must be a hold over or something, which maybe why it is cheaper. I have never run a BC650 so I cant compare the machines. The 320 is a horse, that I can say. Coming from a T190 you will think you bought a D4.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pocket the 15k and run the Case. I also went through issues with BC years ago with the protected territory, left a bad taste...