Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-07-2014, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know why people buyApple computers, you get the exact same hardware as you do with a dell.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2014, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
eagle metal gas cans spill proof. and osha approved, and super simple spring loaded opening with a funnel can't make it any easier then that. http://www.safety1industries.com/saf...Fe99OgodMjAAZA
Been using 2) 5 gallon eagle metal cans for years now. Best there is IMO. Lowes carry's them.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut It Close View Post
Been using 2) 5 gallon eagle metal cans for years now. Best there is IMO. Lowes carry's them.
Those look reasonable. The only drawback is the funnel is open on both ends so dirt and dust sticks to it. For mix gas this is an even bigger issue. If your tank is full any gas still in the funnel is going to get spilled the second you remove the funnel from the tank. They basically took the same style tank they have made for years and put a spout on it.

As a kid I think my dad had that same can minus the spout in the early 80's. I don't think they need to worry patenting a funnel stuck on a gas can.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 06-09-2014, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Those look reasonable. The only drawback is the funnel is open on both ends so dirt and dust sticks to it. For mix gas this is an even bigger issue. If your tank is full any gas still in the funnel is going to get spilled the second you remove the funnel from the tank. They basically took the same style tank they have made for years and put a spout on it.

As a kid I think my dad had that same can minus the spout in the early 80's. I don't think they need to worry patenting a funnel stuck on a gas can.
I think they have been doing that for a long time.

Gas can solution. Run it over with an 800 lb mower.

F it. I didnt like this can anyway
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
I don't know why people buyApple computers, you get the exact same hardware as you do with a dell.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have a Dell myself but many people hate Microsoft and the whole Windows monopoly. Apple started to license companies to build clones but they changes their minds a few years later bought out the few companies they had licensed. One of these companies was in Georgetown, TX but they only last a few years or less before Apple reversed course.

Apple has kicked everyone's butts with Ipads, Ipods, and the whole assortment of mobile devices they have. Dell has tried along with others to jump on the band wagon but can't seem to catch it.

The people who will jump on the next version of the Iphone every time it comes out is crazy. I use the Casio Gzone myself. It one of very few abuse tolerant smart phones.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 06-09-2014, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I have a Dell myself but many people hate Microsoft and the whole Windows monopoly. Apple started to license companies to build clones but they changes their minds a few years later bought out the few companies they had licensed. One of these companies was in Georgetown, TX but they only last a few years or less before Apple reversed course.

Apple has kicked everyone's butts with Ipads, Ipods, and the whole assortment of mobile devices they have. Dell has tried along with others to jump on the band wagon but can't seem to catch it.

The people who will jump on the next version of the Iphone every time it comes out is crazy. I use the Casio Gzone myself. It one of very few abuse tolerant smart phones.
I blame liberals for Apple's success
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2014, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
I blame liberals for Apple's success
Posted via Mobile Device
I think you would be right at home with Ted Cruz and some of the Tea Party folks here in Texas. The only problem with being extreme is you alienate yourself from from too much of the voting public and can't win a national election. The minority vote now has the ability to swing an election either way and this power is only increasing.

This is why in the last presidential election the republication hammered the immigration issue with a hard stance early and then later got wishy washy on the topic closer to election day but by then it was No Bueno por old Mitt. No Hispanic vote= Democrats en la Casa Blanco.
Owner- David

Old 06-09-2014, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I did buy one of those no spill gas cans for my handhelds and I really like it so far. Pricey but nice.

Here is what I use. Cost less than $3 takes around 20 seconds to pour 4.5 gallons. Legal? Nope
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 06-09-2014, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I think you would be right at home with Ted Cruz and some of the Tea Party folks here in Texas. The only problem with being extreme is you alienate yourself from from too much of the voting public and can't win a national election. The minority vote now has the ability to swing an election either way and this power is only increasing.

This is why in the last presidential election the republication hammered the immigration issue with a hard stance early and then later got wishy washy on the topic closer to election day but by then it was No Bueno por old Mitt. No Hispanic vote= Democrats en la Casa Blanco.
to be honest with you, ever since I was part of a mock trial recently I have completely given up on America, Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are basically the same thing Democratic and Republican Party ar two sides of the same coin both fighting over lunch you and I are lunch. I merely a abiding my time until the civil war begins.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2014, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
I did buy one of those no spill gas cans for my handhelds and I really like it so far. Pricey but nice.

Here is what I use. Cost less than $3 takes around 20 seconds to pour 4.5 gallons. Legal? Nope
Posted via Mobile Device

put a few vent holes in the back of it and remove that hose. Then take off that cap when you want to pour.

Tho to be honest I've been getting enough work lately I have just been filling my mower at the pump
Posted via Mobile Device